“Yum!”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Fantastic chip shop - like revisiting your childhood - very friendly staff in the sit down part of the restaurant,and plenty of main meal choices for veggies. Da iawn wir !!

2  Thank Gogboy

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Very dissapointed in this Fish and Chip restaurant. I love fish and chips so was looking forward to my evening meal. We decided to eat inside the restaurant.
The waitress was nice, the cup of tea was great, best I had all weekend. The fish was good, nice and white and firm, batter ok, but oh the chips, they were awful, so dry and hard. I tried to make them softer with vinigar so I could eat them but I gave up and left most of them. This was annoying as for a fish and chip restaurant it was expensive.
The place was clean though and if the chips were softer and the prices lower I am sure they would do better.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My girlfriend and I eat here regularly and the food is always excellent. The service is polite and friendly and above all, the food is of a high quality. The restaurant is always very clean and the place has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere that is also a great place to take the kids for a treat. The cod was perfectly cooked in a thin and crispy batter and the chips are lovely. Very tasty indeed. After eating in other restaurants in Lampeter, the one we keep going back to is Lloyds.

1  Thank MaxField92
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had 2 large cod and chips to eat in, in the restaurant - the fish was large and so was the portion of chips, it was a quiet Tuesday and the lovely girl with the Northern Irish accent couldn't have been more polite if she tried. The gravy side was a little runny, but tasted excellent. I'm not sure what the other reviewers received, perhaps because it was quiet, but our fish was quite thick and lovely and flaky. The chips were clearly made on site.

1  Thank JamesCross1981
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We use this chip shop as its the only one locally (very much looking forward to new one opening in July '13).
We order large fish with large chips and as it was served up I had to check it was our order as I mistook it for a small fish and small chips....nope it was the large version.
I am not a fan of fish and chips in polystyrene boxes but prefer the good old fashion paper, I would expect the boxes are used so the servers cant put too many chips in. The fish is very small, it doesn't reach the ends of the box and the chips are awfully dry, not like chip shop chips at all...?
Really not worth the money and a very disappointing meal, they need to buck their ideas and portion sizes up and improve the chips (taste like frozen chips).

3  Thank lovesmyhols