“Recommended by local but no better than average”
Review of The Bristol Trader

The Bristol Trader
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Haverfordwest
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quality local food, wines & real ale in historic Pembrokeshire quayside pub.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There is not much choice in Haverfordwest and when the barman looked at his watch when we entered maybe we should have realised what was to come. The food and service were very average - but a good pint of real ale was on offer. Maybe take a drive into the countryside where there must be better.

2  Thank SimonF64
BristolTrader, Owner at The Bristol Trader, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi Simon

Thanks for visiting the Bristol Trader and for your review.

If the bar staff thought you were arriving close to our food closing times they would certainly want to check their watches to make sure they processed your order in good time - sorry if it appeared a negative rather than positive action. I'll make sure we learn from your comment.

Hope you visit again when in the area.

Kind regards

Margaret Harries Owner

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent food, brilliant value for money, very welcoming, make sure you book, very popular and very busy - because its so good!

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for your lovely comment. We look forward to welcoming you to the Trader again some time soon.

Margaret Harries Owner

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by my partner and I am so thankful that I listened. The staff were curteous and prompt, the service was quick and efficient. The food was amazing; I was told to have the "Sexy Wedges" from the normal menu, and they were outstanding, brilliant find. My partner had the "Thai Turkey Curry" which was recommended to us from the specials menu and we both sampled it; because my appetite is a little larger than hers, and it was equally wonderful. I've already recommended it to my friends and family and look forward to trying the rest of the menu when I'm down that way again.

BristolTrader, Owner at The Bristol Trader, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

So glad you enjoyed your visit to the Bristol Trader - Sexy Wedges is always a good starting point!

We hope to welcome you to the Bristol Trader again some time soon.

Margaret Harries

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Pre ordered my food as was with a party. Host brought the food ordered by the guests along to be sure. My order was correct on her sheet. But unfortunately came out wrong and I asked for it to be what I ordered. It was kindly taken back by the waiter. Then a waitress came to me holding the same plate of food explaining "that the food has been made like this now" so am I happy to have it like this? No. I wanted what I ordered. Then a different waiter came out telling me that my food would be 10mins to be made how I wanted it. Thank you! But his attitude was awful and demanded to see the hosts' food list as I wasn't believed. My food would be less than 5mins away now if you'd just taken it back and prepared it the way I wanted. Everyone had nearly finished their food when it came out. It wasn't even worth the wait.

4  Thank Angharad L
BristolTrader, Owner at The Bristol Trader, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

I am extremely disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the Bristol Trader and would welcome the opportunity to investigate your complaint further. If you would like to e mail me with details of the date and time of your visit I will speak with the Shift Leader and refer back to you as soon as possible. I can be contacted at info@bristoltrader.net. I look forward to hearing from you. Margaret Harries

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Food is always great, Sunday. Dinner is so tasty choice of three meats. Your encouraged to have a slice of each meat

S

BristolTrader, Owner at The Bristol Trader, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thanks for your lovely review - so glad you enjoyed your first visit to us for Sunday Lunch.