“Brilliant 'Hawk Walk' - what a memorable day”

Pembrokeshire Falconry
More attraction details
Owner description: Our aim is to give everyone, no matter how old or how young, the chance to experience that thrill of having a bird of prey or owl, fly to your glove. By only taking bookings for private groups, we are able to make each moment you spend with the birds all the more special, as it's tailored to you and your family and friends. All of our experiences include refreshments and free photos of you flying the birds
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Booked this as a suprise for husbands 40th bithday. Met Alex and John at Picton Castle with 2 beautiful harris hawks. All 4 of us (incl 2 kids) were taken around the beautiful grounds while the birds flew freely above us landing for their bait on our hands, which was quite an experience. They spent over 2 hours with us answering all our questions (mainly our son's, who had plenty!!). Alex's knowledge was super and were even treated to a cup of tea at the end. Also we were sent some very professional photos of the day (incl in the price) so we now have a lovely momento to go with the memories. Highly recommended and best of luck with opening the new falconry centre.

1  Thank Katrina W
Alex H, Owner at Pembrokeshire Falconry, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for leaving a review. Im glad you all had such a good time with us and that you like your photos. Hope to see you all again one day.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

To have had the opportunity to be so close to magnificent birds like these Hawks is something I will never forget...and all of this happened in the most beautiful setting of PIcton castle with its ancient trees and woodland. Alex and his father John made the whole event comfortable, and they took a lot of time answering any questions and sharing their knowledge.

Alex took many pictures...these are of excellent quality! I am so very pleased with them!

I will most certainly return for another day with the hawks.

2  Thank Angharad H

Thank you for leaving a review. Im glad you enjoyed your hawk walk and that you like your photos.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

My Husband arranged for a surprise “Hawk Walk” at Picton Castle for my birthday. Alex met us and immediately handed me Maleki and off we went on the woodland walk around Picton Castle. Alex took some amazing photos to capture the event which was included.

Alex made me feel at ease and even though I was still amazed by the total surprise of it all I soon got into the swing of it and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The whole experience lasted for 90 minutes which went really quick. This isn’t something I had thought about doing but it certainly is an experience to do with these magnificent birds so I would highly recommend it especially for a special occasion.

Afterwards we were taken to a nearby village for coffee and chatted about the day which was a nice end.

My Husband and I both enjoyed the experience even though I was the one with the bird on my arm he was allowed to tag along and also take photos.

1  Thank floppsytart

Thank you for leaving a review. Im glad that we were able to give you such a great surprise on the day and that you enjoyed your time with the hawk so much. I thought we got some great photos that day, so I'm really glad that you liked them too

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Alex took us for a woodland walk around Picton Castle with his hawk Malaki. Sadly, the experience was affected by the rain which was fairly persistent and meant that enthusiasm was dwindling for all of us, including the hawk, towards the end of the hour and a half.

But Alex's knowledge of the birds is very good and it was still a very interesting experience with plenty of opportunity to handle a beautiful bird. Furthermore, as the castle was closed and the coffee shop too, Alex kindly took us to a nearby town for a coffee after the experience which was really nice of him.

All in all, Alex did everything he could to make the experience as enjoyable as possible and it was only the rain that prevented an 'excellent' rating.

1  Thank Emma_K_12639

Im glad that you had such a good time with us despite the weather. I hope to see you again some day. Maybe when the sun is shining.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Alex, my guide for the one and a half hours gentle walk, met me in the gardens of Picton Castle with his Harris Hawk, the star of the show. From the offset I was handed a gauntlet and the bird (Malki), we walked through the grounds with the bird in flight, returning to my outstretched arm when called by Alex in return for a snack. It was a fantastic opportunity to appreciate a hawk in flight, and against the backdrop of the castle gardens it was at times spectacular. Towards the end of the walk I had the opportunity to take photos whilst Alex demonstrated the use of a lure. All the while my questions were answered with genuine interest and patience at my ignorence. I was impressed with his obvious care for his hawk, and also his care in making sure that the experience was rewarding for me.
A truly worthwhile experience.

1  Thank janetilford_11

Thank you for leaving a review. Im glad that you had such a good time flying Maleki.