“I LoveThis Place”

Newgale Camping Site
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've camped at Newgale numerous times over the last 15 years. It is an excellent campsite in a beautiful location.
I am a lazy camper. I like to have somewhere to plug my hairdryer in, clean and easy facilities, a pub, and a short walk to the beach. Newgale has all of this and a takeaway! But it still retains a casual quiet atmosphere and is not overly touristy.
This is a place to recharge your batteries and not party till dawn. Listening to the waves on the beach whilst snug in my tent is more relaxing than an intravenous Shiraz drip and a massage and song from Michael Buble!!
A lovely campsite and a lovely location.

4  Thank FrightndFlyer
in 32 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2013

me and my partner camped here for one night this sumer, lovely campsite,the place had a really relaxed feel to it, they insist on people setting up camp a good distance from each other which is great for getting a good night's sleep, with plenty of space to choose from it's hard to decide when you get there where to pitch! which is definitely a good problem to have.

the owners/operators of the site were very easy going and i like how they handed us a paper copy of the site rules.

the site is right on the beach which is perfect, we got there late afternoon, set up camp, had a BBQ,chilled out and then i went fishing on the beach for an hour or so. woke up nice and early and went for a surf right away, super safe beach, no rip,clean small waves, perfect for us and our longboards.

thoroughly recommended,can't wait to come back.

ps. i don't understand the last review complaining on the price. it's £7 per adult a night and the view was great from our pitch, we paid £9 a head the night before for a tiny pitch on another campsite which was a 20 minute walk to the sea (this site is a 1 minute walk to the sea)and we were so close to other pitches that some guys snoring kept me awake! This place is a bargain.

4  Thank Jon J
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Been to Newgale campsite, our first visit for 2yrs.This surely must be the Jewel in the Crown of Pembrokeshire campsites.As a Teacher ,my family and I spent 6 glorious weeks there. What a wonderful site,the price per night of £7per adult, £3 for children under 12 and 3 or under are free,is very reasonable. The Staff are fabulous, very chatty and friendly and are prepared to go the extra mile to make your stay a pleasant one.The toilets are spotless,and only 50p for a token for 5mins of hot shower water. I was able to charge my mobile every day at the Caravan office for no extra charge.I must say we camped for 6 weeks on the "bottom field" opposite the hookup area and did not see any "Gypsies". also the night time toilets were always open even during the day.Someone must have got out the wrong side of the bed, but as they say, you can't please everyone. he weather was great and we spent lots of time on the fab beach. It's going to be a long Winter waiting for next year.

2  Thank Keri W
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Although its convenient to be a stones throw away from the beach the price certainly warrants this,have found another field close by with far better views and half the price. What ever happened to affordable camping??

8  Thank Nick G
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2013

It was an absolute pleasure staying at the Newgale Camping Site... just perfect! I had a few questions before hand and got all of them answered via Email. When we arrived, we were explained on how the showers worked, which restrooms to use at night, pitching the tent where ever we wanted as long as it is 6 meters away from others. It was quite windy on the day but we were able to get our tent up and literally "jump" over to the beach. You cross the street, a small stone well and there it is... the ocean! Just perfect. The first two nights I couldn't fall asleep to the ocean waves, back at home i can't without it any more :) just lovely. I was allowed to charge my mobile in the caravan, the wash up area is neat, the "book shop" just lovely and the showers and restrooms are clean and well maintained. Pub next door has lovely staff and good food(was able to get a plastic cup to enjoy my beer at the beach) and the breakfast place a little further down the road is just perfect! Breakfast fast really good and the staff tremendously helpful and nice. St. David is a short distance and a place to hang out for hours if you want to. Haverfordwest is a ten minute drive and has everything you need (tesco extra, laundrette etc.) Don't take the "mainroad" going towards Haverfordwest, use the road that follows the beachside. very tiny roads, but well worth the drive. You'll see small beach areas that are perfect for taking pictures or just sunbathing and swimming. Over all i WILL be back and the two lovely people that waved us good bye asked if that was a promise or a threat? (jokingly of course) and I said it's a promise.

3  Thank KathyTM2013