“Coming home”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would like to commend Wetherspoons for keeping a lot of the original features of this wonderful old house. After 25 years of not being in Haverfordwest the one place I did not want to visit was Wetherspoons, not because it's a bad pub but it was my home for nearly 11 years..

After a cider somewhere else for some Dutch courage and with a few school friends for morale support, we headed to Wetherspoons, having the doors opened before us was just like I was being welcomed home.

I was scared that all the lovely features would have been taken away, but it was a lovely surprise and It was really nice that a member of staff let me go all the way to the top of the house to the very last room which was my old bedroom.

Also enjoyed a good fish & chips supper... and had a fabulous Friday night out..

Just 1 point, outside should be Chocolate and cream in colour instead of the green...
And just wondering if during all the building works you came across the secret cupboard...

There are newer reviews for J D Wetherspoon The William Owen

Reviewed 27 July 2014

From time to time, when I'm in Haverfordwest on a Friday, I look in for the fish and chips and drink deal. It's a good safe bet. Usually, given a choice between 'garden' and mushy peas, I opt for the latter, because at least you know what you're getting: at some places, 'garden peas' are soggy grey-green globules, clearly out of a can. It must have been the heat wave that not only led me to have a lemonade but also to choose the 'garden peas'. And very good they were too. The fish and the chips were also nicely cooked, and the service was prompt and courteous, with one friendly follow-up enquiry at the table. A good, safe bet for entente cordiale in this town on the border of Wales with Little England Beyond Wales.

1  Thank Geoffrey H
JDWTWO, Manager at J D Wetherspoon The William Owen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thanks for your great comment and glad you enjoyed our amazing fish and chips and our even better garden peas!

Look forward to seeing at the bar again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We regularly visit wetherspoons throughout the UK so we know what standard to expect. Food was lovely, we had two chicken clubs and one pasta with chicken and bacon. We swapped chips for jackets and they were lovely and fluffy and everything was nice and hot. Was good to have a laugh with the manager who served us at the bar. Perhaps some of the seats could do with cleaning/recovering but overall a nice meal. Toilets are definitely worth a visit!!

1  Thank aturningtide

Thanks for you great comments glad you enjoyed your visit! We will look to try and get an upholstery clean done ASAP to sort out the marked furniture.

Look forward to seeing you at the bar again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I'm not a fan of the Wetherspoons chain, but I really enjoyed the visit. We went early evening (4.30 ish) after a day out and it was great. We ordered and were served quickly by very polite and friendly staff, the food was good (standard pub grub as you'd expect ), and the place clean and pleasant, It will never be my first choice, but for a quick nice drink and meal at a decent price, its a good option.

JDWTWO, Manager at J D Wetherspoon The William Owen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Im glad that you enjoyed your visit to our pub. I hope we can have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Been here several times and had a god meal at reasonable prices. Drinks are great value and the kids meals very good. The service is very good compared to other Wetherspoons I've been too!

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your continued custom.