“APPALLING ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

POOR FOOD. POOR SERVICE. POOR MANAGMENT.

To cut a long story short I ordered a Half Chicken Salad, I was informed that they had run out of salad and was rather rudely told to have vegetables instead.
When the food eventually arrived after a long wait and no apologies, my wife's meal came out with a salad garnish and mine with dried vegetables thrown on to a plate. So why could I not have a salad when others peoples plates had a salad garnish????
After the meal we were not asked if we wanted anything else and made our way too the till only to discover we had been charged for the vegetables even though we were told to have vegetables as they had no salad!?!?!
The Manageress, (I think her name is Becky?) has no idea how to run a business and her management style has a lot to be desired. On more than one occasion I have witnessed her actually slapping the hands of her staff, this can be seen quite openly and I can only imagine how embarrassed her staff are. Maybe some one should slap her hand in public as she is clearly the one who needs it!

Won't be going back and I will most certainly tell everyone I know not to be visiting your zoo.

1  Thank Inky N
Jack S, Owner at The Harp Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I will respond to your most serious statement , i.e. the slapping of my staffs hands which is just ridiculous and untrue. And an insulting and personal attack on my wife who you verbally abused on paying your bill
our staff members are very surprised at your review considering some of the comments you made to some of our non welsh members of staff during the evening , which if we had known about we would have asked you to leave.
unfortunately in this day and age it is now possible to put what ever review you want on trip advisor ,but i thank you to be able to respond and set the record straight .
the kitchen did state that we would not be serving anymore salads , the waitress serving you states she did offer you deserts and coffee but you declined . The vegetables , broccoli cheese, you were served with were in a silver serving dish ,not chucked on your plate and yes they were put on your bill ,but removed when you came to pay .

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We called in 'on the hop' and had excellent service, very friendly staff and really good food. Very impressed with the amount of food we were given and really excellent prices. Will definitely go again!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Been meaning to go for a while so finally did ...... bit dissapointed. Asked if seafood lasagne was homemade -yes, came out with a ridiculous amont of melted cheese on top swimming in fat so scraped it off to reveal a mix of pasta sheets, courgettes, green beans and the odd bit of unrecognisable fish - not good. Partners mixed grill was good though. Someone had the battered fish next to us and that looked very good!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just had a lovely family meal, our youngest didn't want anything on the children's menu, so the manager offered anything and he loved the eggs on toast. It's things like that which make you want to go back again and again. Gonna be back down her win summer so no doubt will be back :-)
Cheers guys.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Food good plenty of fresh vegetables good friendly service
Good parking I thought cost of deserts was high but good size portions and tasty.