“Mini Adventure.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crundale House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haverfordwest
Crundale House
Ranked #16 of 49 Haverfordwest B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Mini Adventure.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

My darling was fixated with buying a brand new Mini in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire. Accommodation was low on her list, but not the colour of the car (cream). Her list of B&Bs conjured up sea sickness served with wooden beans and eggs, definitely not feeling that! By chance I telephoned Crundale House and spoke to a delightful heartwarming lady called Veronica. I was somewhat taken back by her wonderful telephone manner. Instead of talking about accommodation and pricing, we spoke about Mini cars and the dealership in Haverfordwest. Our chat was short, but I in my heart I knew I had made a friend. Once I’d sketched out the details of Crundale House to darling without giving too much away, I initially booked 4 nights then stayed an extra night. Conclusion, The Ritz London could not surpass the cleanliness, service, comfort, food, tranquillity and hospitality of Veronica and Phil. Veronica and Phil beat from the heart not from the price! Believe me excellence does exist. No doubt we will stay again for Mini’s first service, due soon.

2 Thank Like2work
Crundalehouse, Owner at Crundale House, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for posting such a nice review. We hope to see you when the Mini is due its service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Every part of our stay was outstanding. Crundale is tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, lovely welcome from its owners, a very large bedroom with a very large en-suite. The breakfast was of a very high standard freshly cooked. Can't fault our stay at all!!

Room Tip: We chose the one that had a large window with 2 window seats.
1 Thank Jim H
Crundalehouse, Owner at Crundale House, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words - glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Took my wife here for our anniversary, stayed one night that was the only disappointing point would loved to have stayed longer. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming, room and food second to none, will definitely be going back at some
time in the near future.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stephenhitchings
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My partner & I stayed here for two nights in July & were so impressed that I felt compelled to write my first ever review on tripadvisor.

I fully endorse all of the comments made by the previous reviewers.

Yes Crundale House is tastefully decorated. Yes it's immaculately clean. Yes it's finished to an extremely high standard with beautiful finishing touches. Yes the breakfast is superb.
Yes this five star luxury - but it's not pretentious. You don't ever feel you are intruding here. It has a comfortable, relaxed, friendly vibe which makes you feel totally at ease.

Undoubtedly what makes Crundale House so special are the owners Veronica & Phil, who have created, what is, quite simply the best B&B we have ever stayed in.

We will definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Darwin1080
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

After travelling for almost 6 hours, we were warmly welcomed by our hosts with coffee and home made cakes on the terrace. The attention to detail and overall quality of Crundale House is truly outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts, Veronica & Phil, and we're made to feel like one of the family. We would highly recommend Crundale House to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank davidandelain
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Crundale House and can't recommend it highly enough (even if I also secretly don't want to recommend it because I think it will become very popular and I won't be able to get a room there again!).

Veronica and Philip have clearly put a lot of time and effort into their B&B, and the house and the rooms are thoughtfully designed. I especially liked that the rooms are not stuffed full of fussy knick-knacks, the way they are at some places; instead, there are well-kept antique pieces of furniture and practical items, so guests don't feel overwhelmed by things. Everything you could possibly need is provided, and based on Veronica and Philip's helpful attitude, I'd imagine that if there is something you need or want that they don't have, they will do their best to get it for you.

When booking, I advised Veronica that we had various dietary requirements, allergies, and intolerances -- she was very understanding and even went out to buy products that we could have. We really appreciated her consideration. Upon arrival, she gave us tea and cakes and her vegan chocolate cake was one of the few chocolate cakes my wife has been able to eat in a long time, so we were very pleased. Breakfast also offered many choices, and we certainly did not go hungry. Also, Veronica's flapjacks are the best I ever tasted (I actually thought I didn't like flapjacks until I tried hers!).

The B&B is very conveniently located for sight-seeing in Pembrokeshire. Veronica and Philip were always willing to provide advice about places to eat or things to do, and they were kind, friendly people. It was a real pleasure staying with them and I certainly hope to do so again.

I'd also just like to point out that we are a gay couple and although some people at B&Bs (both guests and owners) don't like gays and can be actively rude or offensive, Veronica and Philip appeared very accepting. It's great to know there is a gay-friendly B&B that is also luxurious and well appointed.

Thank you for everything, Veronica and Philip!

1 Thank veggiedyke
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We were looking for a great place to stay in a central location for the beautiful beaches of Pembrokeshire, locating this fantastic haven of 5 star luxury accomodation on late rooms.Having stayed in some of the best "chain" hotels around the world, we were looking for a more personal service and boutique quality, finding this in abundance at Crundale House. Veronica and Philip Woosnam are the owners and perfects hosts, nothing was too much trouble, ordering in gluten free bread and sausages for our breakfast, which was was of the best I have ever had! The bedroom in the king-size double is tastefully decorated, a very sizeable room and an extremely comfortable bedroom with the perfect pillows and high quality bed linen - a real treat! The en-suite bathroom is beautifully finished with a victorian roll top bath and a separate walk in shower again with luxury towels and dressing gowns. Both bathroom and bedroom room are finished with period furniture - again in keeping with the house. We stayed for 2 nights and it's worth every penny - will be returning again in the not too distant future - would recommend you visit.

Room Tip: Go for the king-size room over looking the garden - stunning
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple