“9 elegant rooms NOT”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haverfordwest
Castle Hotel
Ranked #37 of 45 Haverfordwest B&B and Inns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“9 elegant rooms NOT”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I got stranded in Haverfordwest cos of the snow & checked in to the Castle. In fairness the bar tender was very sweet & carried my very heavy bag up 3 flights of stairs. The room was tiny but he promised me he would put heating on and in fairness it was super hot.
I went out to get essentials ( toiletries etc) & the same chap warned me very nicely that he had forgotten it was a Wednesday & they had Karaoke which went on till 1 am. Given it was now 730 I was not confident in finding other lodging so decided to stay.
Had a perfectly ok supper at Romanos opposite & took an early night
The single bed was very uncomfortable. The pillows were rock hard & the duvet cover was nasty & scratchy
The karaoke went on very loudly till 130 am & I suspect only stopped due to my grumpy telephone call
At 5.30 am the street cleaners with a huge truck like machine spend 3/4 of an hour polishing the the square outside
I have never had such a bad nights sleep ever
I know theY can't help the street cleaning noise but the secondary double glazing was useless
Next time I'm stranded I will sleep in my car.

Room Tip: I suspect there are no good rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank JoannaAndCaitlin

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is not really a hotel but rooms at a public house. Situated in the town centre there is no parking available. Plenty of public carparks but minimum 15 mins walk. The town centre is very noisy and street cleaning starts around 05:30 so don't expect peace and quiet. No wifi and poor phone signal so not good for communications.
The rooms are through doors which are not kept secure from public or pub guests.
No where to eat but there are restaurants nearby. This place is not really suitable for families and business, if you are having a night out in the town or on a budget then its perfect for you. I wont be going back there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Harrycrac

Travellers are raving about these Haverfordwest hotels