“Lunch at Nant y Coll”
Review of Nant y Coy Mill - CLOSED

Nant y Coy Mill
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The cafe is currently closed until further notice
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Fantastic lunch menu , the quality and presentation of the food was 1st class. Great pricing for both food and beverages.......wait staff....efficient, friendly and smiling. My 1st visit and will be again.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Pembrokeshire needs places like this !!!! Relaxing !.You can feel at home either smartly dressed or in casual gear after a delightful walk alongside the mill stream in wonderful countryside, . .The carefully prepared. changing menu offers interesting original choices using as much local produce available....vegetarian, fish and meat dishes, together with equally enticing cold light lunches and delicious cakes .Desserts are also tantalising .Beautifully presented and served with care.It was the first choice for treating our guests on their first visit to Pembrokeshire .Thank you.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the cafe last week and it was quite honestly the best meal we have had for a very long time. It had been recommended by friends and we weren't disappointed.The food was cooked to perfection - terrific choice, imaginative and something for everyone. The service and atmosphere was equally good and we could not fault it - all in all a lovely place to spend time over a faultless meal. The chef there I discovered is the lady who had built a wonderful reputation at previous restaurants - Three Main Street and Stone Hall which we had visited in the past - no wonder the food was so good!She is an amazing cook!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Been on the road for 25 yrs just passing it- but was invited by distant neighbours on mystery tour for lunch.The address is often just shown as Pembrokeshire,however its on the A40- 2 miles south of Wolfescastle in amongst Treffgarne Rocks.As you speed to your boat to Eire at Fishguard -you really need to creep round 2 death bends amongst these rocks.Above each side of the valley are thin mesas-or what ever they are called, high rock outcrops ,unusal for Britain? It s called a Cafe,(dont know why?But its is a restaurant,I think?).
Very pleasant inside lowish ceiling compactish restaurant ,open log fire at one end with more tables behind the chimney block-the kitchen is exposed across the long side-perhaps always a good sign-like,if they drop your steak on the floor!.Nice tables ,sets on tables,the chairs - very heavy too move!
For a beer and fish and chip man,this was more Nigella stuff-I think?I had pate,could have had more,all with fascinating little touches,bit of this and that.My hosts enjoyed whatever they had!I think they have been before a few times.I forgot,--we all had soup-kind of home made-one ran out so,I had a second choice!Good sign,if I had been the chef,I d have added water to the 2 to get 3!!Plenty of probably home made sweets-I had ice cream-Coffee good.Loos actually outside in a barn adjoining,the walk I think is covered-very good loos-well, the gents was.
An L shaped-former mill- stone building -round the back you see the water wheel with a gushing stream,this mini valley has a good wood chip path with the walk up the valley under trees and hanging ivies,gentle slope with a display of wood whatevers!You can get up to a rock outcrop.Must see this again in a few weeks when all shades of autumn.Only slight little thing-soup,coffee on the cool side,and my age could have used another log on the fire.Dont know price-my hosts paid-I believe its fair.Worth a visit-its on the left going toward Fishguard-you could miss it!.