“Noisy and cold”
Review of Palace Cinema

Palace Cinema
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The staff couldn't care less about the noise some people make. No point complaining, they see you as the problem, not the noisy people. I'm keen to support local business, but they have to look after their customers.

3  Thank Adam P
There are newer reviews for Palace Cinema

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Came here with my husband and three children as a treat during the summer holidays. We chose this cinema as it is local and been using it since I was a child. We had to wait outside until they opened the doors which is next to a road. After we paid we bought popcorn. I asked for a large and then asked if we could have an empty tub so we could split it so it was easier to share between 5 of us. The man who served us happened to be the manager told us bluntly that no we couldn't if we wanted 2 then we should have bought 2 smaller ones which would have cost us more. I tried to explain why I wanted an extra tub but he flatly refused and was extremely rude. If he had spoken to us better then I would of accepted it. Once inside the chairs were uncomfortable and the floor was filthy. I was freezing cold as were my children. The toilets are awful and the hand dryers are terrible. After coming here for so long I think its a shame how it is with the current manager. I wont be in a hurry to use this cinema again.

4  Thank Charlene J
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Visited here today with my 2 daughters hoping to take advantage of Orange Wednesday only to be told by the miserable guy behind the desk "We don't do that here" If he'd smiled it wouldn't have sounded so bad. Paid by debit card which cost an extra 25p. So what started out hoping to be a cheap day, wasn't. Will use another local cinema next time, one that accepts Orange Wednesdays and staff that smile.

1  Thank Tweel
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Feels like stepping into a time warp, cute ticket stubs you'd have gotten in the 1960s, its not over priced like most cinemas. popcorn and a drink for under a fiver! The seats are a little too high for me as I have very short legs, but other than that very nice!

1  Thank Niamh E
Reviewed 21 May 2013

A good old fashioned cinema experience. Very clean and fresh with helpful and friendly staff that demonstrated excellent customer service. And because it is an original old fashioned cinema, you have lots of leg / arm room and comfy seats. Tickets are cheap and sweets / drinks are realistically priced.

All 4 of us are from the midlands, and it is disappointing that this type of cinema is now extinct in our area, having been dominated by over priced multi screen americanised rubbish.

Well worth a visit :)