“Perfectly fine place to eat”
Review of The grill bar - CLOSED

The grill bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
“Perfectly fine place to eat”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

You get a good portion, good food for a good price. The drinks are not at all expensive AND there is a drinks menu and a big glass of coke is £1.20 which is good.
It's a grill, so don't expect fine dining, and they aren't going to hire a chef for each table so I don't see a problem with waiting for freshly prepared food, it's more worrying when your food comes out fast.

People are being too critical and expecting too much without even talking to the staff about their problems.
They are also getting a card machine soon, they are trying to improve.
The atmosphere was fine, a bit cold but the heating was on, so it's not like they didn't care about their customers. Overall we really enjoyed it and we are definitely going back again.

• Visited February 2014

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Wednesday for a meteorite!!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Been looking forward to a mammmmmoth mixed grill for ages and went with two friends. On entering I primed the waiter to get a Meteorite ready only to be told it was on the old menu not the new one!!! BUT.... we can sort that out for you sir. Fear of dashed expectations disipated..... Ordered a Power House prices increased to £30 from £25 for previous gut buster and waited with expectation. Friends had southern fried chicken burger and a 20oz mixed grill. Warned about 20min wait for quantity ordered and sat back with a beer.
Food arrived on time and what a lovely plateful. Power house worth every penny and only left the bones from the rack of ribs. Neither friend finished their meal due to quantity and the steak not quite cooked correctly in the mixed grill.
Waiter was knowledgeable and efficient, décor simple and different, toilets clean and yes he did spend a lot of time with his back to the restaurant whilst on the smartphone. I look forward to my next visit and I gained 50% off my next meal for finishing my mega meal.
As far as I know you cannot get a bigger or better mixed grill in Haverfordwest .

• Visited January 2014
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Extremely slow service and poor food!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Went for a meal here, was so cold in there I had to keep my coat on. Took about 20 minutes to have our food order taken whilst the 4 other tables were also waiting to order. Instead of serving the waiter was on his Facebook behind the bar. We then waited over half hour for our food even though there was only one table in front of us, this could of had something to do with 5 tables orders all being taken at the same time. When the food came it wasn't particularly hot, the burger I had, had 3 separate burgers in it, no thicker than a 2p coin! Certainly not worth £14! The mixed grill that we also ordered was burnt and the sausage on it looked like a hotdog you get out of a tin. Such a shame because the food used to be really good when they first opened but has got worst each time I've visited, wouldn't return again.

• Visited January 2014
Milford Haven, Wales, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in Haverfordwest.”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The grill bar is amazing, best food around and i would highly recommend the rump steak. I can never complain when i eat here, food is always made to the highest standard, music is a tad loud and sometimes you can't get the waitress/waiters attention quite as easy, but all in all a great place to eat.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs to do a lot better to survive”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Went there last night (black friday) with my wife and 4 friends, to celebrate a friend down down for christmas after moving away to work. #1 neg - small bottled beer, #2 neg - waitress didn't have a clue about the menu, #3 neg - waitress forgot/made a cockup of what had been ordered and another staff member had to re-check what had been ordered, #4 neg - only one other table of 8 customers, and one of 4 customers - we waited 50 minutes for our meal, #5 neg - music was way too loud and was a mixture of different pop music, hardly suitable for the occasion. #6 neg - no c/c facility, #7 neg - toilet facilties, need serious sorting of deco. #8 neg - seats were not the most comfortable. This bar grill needs to seriously sort itself out to survive, it's unlike;y I'll go there again and I'm local. The food was OK...but just OK

• Visited December 2013