“Yum!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Welsh Spice - CLOSED

Welsh Spice
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Monmouthshire
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Friendly staff on arrival, nice looking restaurant. There was a party in on the day we arrived so we assumed the food would take a littler longer. The starter and drinks came quickly but we did have a little wait for the main and it was huuuuuge and well worth waiting for. Never seen so much rice! Didn't have a pudding as we were stuffed after the good food. Paid up and the manager asked us to return to our table where he offered us a free drink on the house after we paid! Well thats a first and we were so surprised we said no! We'll be back for 2 free ones next time we're in the area.
Location is a little out of town so you need a car to get there really and we weren't sure it was even open as the signage is a little confusing but its worth popping in and checking, you won't be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Narberth, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Delicious Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I am not the biggest lover of Indian Food. Good from a Veggie point of view because Indian, Chinese and Thai are always good for Veggies but I'm not a big fan of Spicy food and I much prefer the Thai flavours to the Indian flavours. AND THEN I found Welsh Spice which changed it all. We have had food from them 5 times now and I cannot fault them. It's on my way home from work which is so easy for a take away but I will still make the 30 minute round trip if I am at home and decide to get an Indian because it is TOTALLY worth it for the nyumminess of it in my opinion. I generally have the Veggie Tikka Masala which is slightly spicy and so so soooooo good. I have also tried a slightly less spicy sweeter dish which I can't remember the name of but still absolutely divine. Although we usually just get a take away, the restaurant is always spotless, smells lovely and the staff are great. By far the best Indian food I have had in the UK and I have lived all over the place. What I dislike about the place..........having to wait 10/15 minutes to get home before I can devour my bag of OMG deliciousness that has been teasing me with such nyummy smells all the way home. The only negative I have - if they one day decide to close down my little Indian oasis of divineness would be no more and I would be gutted so please all visit to make sure this never happens :)

2 Thank Fuzzles
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Indian food in contemporary restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed near Haverfordwest and wanted to try out their Indian restaurants. After looking on Trip advisor and reading the good reviews we chose Welsh Spice and were very happy with the choice. The restaurant was quiet with only one other table occupied (we were early) and it was nice to be greeted by a friendly waiter who helped up to choose our curries. The house white wine was good and we have found in the past that this can be where some restaurants fail at the first hurdle. The lighting was good without it being too bright or dingy. Nice background music played throughout. I chose a vegetable Rogan and my partner described what he fancied and the waiter advised on the heat of the curry and which meat could be used. The paratha bread that came with the meal was one of the nicest I have tried and was very fresh and light tasting.
The dining tables, chairs and lighting are all very clean and modern and I would recommend anyone looking for an Indian in this area to give it a try. Although it was quiet when we visited, I imagine it has a very good atmosphere when a little more busy. The prices are very reasonable and I hope they get the custom they deserve.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank helliot151
“Great food. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went there with my family and we had a lovely meal. The service and the food is great and the restaurant is very clean. Will be going again for sure!

1 Thank AngharadMaiLewis
Wales
“Great service !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We recently went there in a party of 20 and It was a lovely evening . It did take a while for the meal to come out but that is to be expected when you have 20 mains to cater for plus other diners ! We had some lovely complimentary starters brought to the table whilst we were waiting . The prices are very reasonable and the menu is much smaller than your average Indian resteraunt so it encourages you to try something different. The meals could of been hotter that was the only quibble from everyone of the night . There service was fantasic being extremly attentive and even going as far as opening the door for us all ! Overall would go back there and would say to people to give them a try !

• Visited June 2014