“A welcome surprise”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Haverfordwest
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were staying locally and went into Haverfordwest to look at the farmers market. We found this cafe purely by accident, having been given wrong directions on how to get the the market.
It is much larger inside than its external facade would indicate. We were given a very warm welcome by the staff which was a good start to what for me was a memorable lunch. The atmosphere was pleasant and the whole place was adorned with varied and interesting artifacts. You were never bored in looking around.
The waiter was attentive and accommodating. I had what I would describe as probably the best lasagne I can remember. It came as a large slice and was the deepest I have ever seen. Soft and delicious with pastry of just the right thickness and not that normal thick wodge of pastry so common in shop bought offerings. There were no scraps on my plate. My wife had a curry which she announced as extremely good. Excellent flavour and not too hot. She couldnt finish it----------so I did! :-)
Looking at the menu and the fact that it is called a 'cafe', may make it appear a little expensive. In my view, the quality and the quantity justify the slightly elevated prices
This place already has a certificate of excellence from TA and I can confirm that it is deserved

2  Thank John W

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Unplanned visit did not disappoint the Thai beef curry was perfect and rice done just so. Swmbos salad niciose with halumi was also spot on keep doing it guys always great food.

2  Thank gronno
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stopped by for breakfast as we were passing through and range of food plus quality was really good. nice little cafe with nice staff. Pity they got one of the orders totally wrong but was corrected

3  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I have a chronic illness so I choose my cafes carefully. I need quieter places with low lighting and quieter music and good food. Cafe Rio never disappoint.
I was pleased they had oat milk as an alternative milk too. Coffee was lovely!

1  Thank Beffi_Choccybuns
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Brilliant. Superb spicy chicken salad and home made quiche large portions beautifully presented.friendly staff

2  Thank llong900