“Histric Setting Modern Menu” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Pembroke
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to the Cornstore! Light lunches are served between 11.30am and 4pm, with coffees and delicious homemade cakes served all day. A limited number of tables can be reserved each day, please phone to book. Outdoor seating with an amazing view of Pembroke Castle. Parking is available at the rear of the building
Wales
“Histric Setting Modern Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I, along with other family and friends have been coming here for quite a long time, and it never occurred to me to write a review. But that's all going to change now, The Cornstore faces Pembroke Castle, where King Henry VII (Henry VIII's Dad) was born. The food, most of it cooked on the premises, is always fresh and imaginatively presented. Whether it be salads or hot food the menu is never static. Yes there are the peoples favorites but the specials board is always interesting. The cake counter is a delight and compliments the excellent coffee that can be had. The staff are always pleasant even when under pressure, and are children friendly. They also have a pretty good Web site, which, if you sign up, will e-mail you of forthcoming menu specials and events. One of our Favs.............................

• Visited April 2014

Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
“Delightful lunch, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We had a birthday lunch here and there were five of us. It was very busy but they catered for us very well and efficiently. The food was lovely as usual and very generous portions. Two of the girls had never been there before and will definitely be going back. A very good selection and the cakes are all delicious.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank michele w
Pembroke
“Manager not child friendly!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have been visiting the cornstore fairly regularly for years as a local and was appalled recently to have the manager shout VERY loudly at my 3 year old daughter. We had only just arrived and I was paying for the drinks we had just ordered when other members of my family arrived which excited my daughter and she was a bit loud admittedly, however there was only one instance of this, not continued loudness, before the manager displayed a complete over reaction and shouted at the top of his voice at her. When I cancelled my order because of what had happened he did not seem to think there was anything wrong in what he had done and said "sorry, but we are trying to run a business here". I think most parents would agree this is not the appropriate way to treat the children of your customers.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank JBLogan
“Must leave room for cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with my family including my baby boy, staff we're accommodating and the food was yummy and portion sizes were fab! The cakes looked amazing but I just didn't have room!

Pembroke Dock, Wales, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have attempted to eat at this cafe twice and have failed twice to get past the miserable staff. On both occasions I have gone in, stood by the counter and have been completely ignored. It was obvious that all the tables were full, but in most cafe's the staff engage with the customer and say when a table is likely to become free, not in this case though, no eye contact, nothing...On the second visit I asked one of the staff whether the overflow cafe in the courtyard was open, without even looking at me she said ''no''- end of conversation. It's on the lower floor of a nice shop and we would have gladly had a look around it and come back to a free table, but this solution wasn't even mentioned. Quite frankly I won't bother again.

• Visited December 2013