stayed at this hotel, Friday and Saturday (2nd and 3rd August) and were in Room 10
Staff were all friendly helpful and professional
Ate in the hotel on the Friday night and the meal was excellent
Room 10 - well it was clean but small and I would make the following observations
1. Room was directly above the Kitchen so that when the kitchen staff started breakfast we were woken by the noise - banging etc not sure why this was necessary but for a weekend break was albeit an early call so we could have an early start wasn't really wanted
2. Shower needed replacing/descaling and the floor was v v slippery within the shower cubical and the addition of a non slip mat is in my view essential!
3. No toilet roll holder in bathroom - I know this sounds picky but .......
Although I would recommend the hotel for food staff etc would be reluctant to recommend Room 10 which needs to revert to whatever it was in previous times and isn't suitable for a relaxing weekend - I would stay at the hotel again as everything else was good and the hotel was excellent value for money - Breakfast was great with excellent choices - and as previously mentioned the evening meal was superb!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Kings Arms Hotel is a Wales Tourist Board 3 Star hotel and restaurant in the heart of Pembroke, less than 200 yards from Pembroke Castle, birthplace of Henry VII - founder of the Tudor dynasty. The 17 bedroom hotel has been owned by the Wheeler family for over 50 years. The restaurant is renowned for its locally sourced Pembrokeshire produce. There is ample free private car parking to the rear of the hotel. All rooms have BT & ESPN SPORTS and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Old Kings Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Kings Arms Hotel Pembroke, Pembrokeshire