“Very nice family hotel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pembroke
Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
“Very nice family hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here for one night while travelling in Wales and would recommend to everyone. We have a very good experienec with the ownet, she was very nice to is on the arrival and also chatted with us couple times until the and of the stay. The supper was soooo delicios, the restaurant was very neat and family-like. I felt very good the whole evening. And the breakfast was one of the best "English Breakfast" I had during our trip in UK.- very delicious!
The rooms were clean and nice, bed was comfortable, however I have to admit I really don´t like when I hear guests from the other rooms -here I could (lucky for them it was my sister from the other room). but really, this is minus for me.
To sum up, this is one of the hotels I would return to. :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jozefinka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

we stayed here for one night in March, and we booked 2 rooms. It was great choice, everything was perfect. Clean, big rooms and very friendly atmosphere. Stuff was very helpful. Tasty breakfast, the portion was very very big. We had dinner in the restaurant as well and the food was delicious. They have car park, fast internet, cosy rooms, luggage storage possibility - I totally recommend this hotel, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Eva K
Shropshire, England
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Owner is very dissmissive, rude and needs to cheer up. Spoke to me in a patronising manner. Wish i didnt waste my money and stayed in a travelodge. Nice looking hotel but a good stay is about nice fun staff not a pritty room

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank 110tt00
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Owner was rude to us when we arrived and was again rude when asking for the wifi code which is coachhouse8585. She could not tell me this she had to put it into my ipad for me but in full site of me so I could read what see was entering any way. The rooms where not clean bed felt dirty and didn't smell fresh. If you are a light sleeper you will not get any sleep in this hotel because there no sound proofing in this place at all very noisy.
I stay in a lot of hotels on a weekly basic and would never want anybody to stay here after the way I was treated by the owner.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Peter E
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Arrived on the Friday night after a long journey, all seemed well. Until we got to our room to find a previous occupiers toothpaste and soap in the bathroom, along with enough toilet paper to blow our nose! Whilst heading down for a walk around town we mentioned this to the reception staff. We were told it would be rectified. When we got back, no change.

The following day we ensured the key was left at reception and explained again and were told they would ensure the room was thoroughly cleaned. When we got back much later, the rooms had not been cleaned, fresh towels had been dumped on the unmade bed and we were still haunted by the bathroom remains!!

We headed into the bar to be 'greeted' by the rudest woman I have ever met. I understand she is the owner! She seemed very aggresive...if you were to ask for a glass of tap water you would be greeted with 'I am busy doing paperwork' customer service is definitely not something she has. Last straw for me was when she discarded my drink (long before last orders at 6pm) and when I asked her where it had gone I received a shoulder shrug and 'so what'!!!
Thank you to the other staff members for trying. I would tell people to steer clear of here...sure there are much better places to stay...a tent maybe?

• Stayed January 2014
7 Thank Athomz
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel because our nephew was getting married. Arrived Friday evening 24th after a 4 hour journey. On first sight all seemed well but in the evening around 11 ish the manager made it quite clear we were not welcome and she was shutting the bar. She begrudgingly served us a last drink and closed. At 11.40 two other residents came in and she served them happily but then refused to serve us - when we protested she threatened us by informing us if we didnt shut up she would close the bar early on the wedding we were attending the next day. Completely disgusting we will never ever stay there again as the attitude continued from the owner the next day with the grooms mother. We will be going to Pembroke again as a family soon for a christening not one of us will stay here ever again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Caron W
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was a nice large room, recently renovated. A new bathroom and shower had just been installed. Free wi-fi. Onsite parking at rear of Hotel. A few renovations are still going on around the property but think it will be lovely when complete. A nice river walk to the castle. The included breakfast was great one day and terrible the second so guess it depends on who is cooking it. The restaurant was lovely for dinner, great selection and lovely food. We were provided with very large keys that had to be left at reception when leaving (for emergency counting) and you had to request another key if going to be in after 11pm. Unsure what would happen if you didn’t know you where staying out and got back late?? The hair-dryer was of no use, no power or heat to the air. We were in an upstairs room at the back and the hall lights were never on so that got difficult as they are randomly placed and hard to find.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke
Cleddau Bridge Hotel
Broadmead Boutique B&B
Heywood Spa Hotel
Heywood Spa Hotel
#4 of 23 in Tenby

Been to Coach House Hotel? Share your experiences!