“We found the Royal George by accident” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 41 Restaurants in Pembroke
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking
Description: A traditional community pub established circa 1780. Situated on Pembroke Town Quay with ample "pay and display" parking. Come and enjoy our selection of beers,cask ales, wines and spirits. Serving hearty home cooking between 12:00 and 7:00 PM. (Come choose from our menu of Pub Grub and Bar Snacks and order at The Bar. Your meals will be served to your table. Currently not accepting card payments - cash payments only for the time being. Tafarn Cymreig traddodiadol ar lannau Pwll y Castell, Penfro. Gallwch chwi fwynhau ein detholiad da o gwrw casgen, gwinoedd a gwirodydd mewn amgylchoedd cyfeillgar groesawgar. Sieredir Gymraeg yn Y Siors.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“We found the Royal George by accident”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Looking for somewhere for lunch on a very wet and dreary Sunday we came upon The Royal George and what a pleasant surprise. We were greeted by the staff and the locals at the bar into this proper pub.
Sunday lunch was on the menu, but we both chose the crab bake - excellent.
We will call again when in this area of Pembroke shire.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank romeohotel

Pembroke Dock, Wales, United Kingdom
“Very dissappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Was very disappointed we ordered fish in beer batter when it arrived it looked and tasted like a frozen fish from Tesco’s and over cooked.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Waterford, Ireland
“Good beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Small traditional bar with well served cask beers. We did not eat there but what we saw being served at the tables looked excellent, and customers seemed well pleased. The menu was imaginative and tempting and reasonably priced. Most of the ground floor is taken up with closely packed tables, and there is a more basic dining room upstairs. The bar itself has a pleasant traditional feel to it, but there is limited seating

• Visited August 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great value meals.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

My partner and I have just had a very enjoyable visit to The Royal George. We both had the Pembrokeshire ham and eggs. We were served by a lovely young lady with a great personality. When our meals arrived at our table we were surprised by how large the portions were. 2 thick slices of ham, 2 eggs, loads of chips, salad and peas. The cost including drinks came to under £20, excellent value for money. We will certainly return, not just for the food but also the friendly service from the staff. Many thanks.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank jim c
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just had a quick bar meal in the Royal George as only had 1 hour or so to spare.
On entering I was greeted by a lovely young lady with a big smile (a bonus nowadays).
She quickly served me a drink from the bar and found me a table. I ordered the home made steak pie and when it arrived complete with mash and veg I was blown away. The meal was first class,I am a chef so know what I'm looking for in food.
The bar was quiet busy but my meal arrived quickly so I was happy. The same young lady came back to me to make sure all was well.
As I only had a short time in the establishment I can't make a general overall comment but I can recommend the service as First Class for food.
I left with a suppressed appetite and a smile on my face. Thanks Royal George.

• Visited July 2013