“Great service and great cakes!”
Review of Food at Williams

Food at Williams
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Pembroke
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bright modern surroundings within a refurbished Georgian Town House in the heart of Pembroke Main Street. Relaxed and informal environment with free wi-fi for all customers
“Great service and great cakes!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

In a beautiful setting on the Pembroke high street just a hundred yards or so from the castle this cafe shop is great place to stop for a coffee and a cake. It has a great atmosphere and the service from the staff was friendly and professional.
I would highly recommend this cafe!!

3 Thank AbiJWilliams
FoodatWilliams, Owner at Food at Williams, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us.

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to returning”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Glad I didnot look on trip advisor before visiting this restaurant as I would not have gone and what a treat I would have missed.
Stumbled upon it today by pure chance. Had been cycling for 55k, arrived in Pembroke v hungry, saw this restaurant and so stopped for food. We were not disappointed, so nice for somewhere to offer such tasty food at such a reasonable price in such lovely surroundings.
I had perl las, pear, bread and salad, my hubbie had venison terrine and apple chutney with home made delicious melba toast. The butter was easy to spread - so maybe the above reviewers comments were taken on board. We had also 2 coffees and a delicious cordial all for under £20.00. A great find, lovely waiting staff who told us restaurant only open 3 weeks. I wish them all the best, as its not easy to be brave enough to open a venue like this in the current economic climate.

3 Thank Nashie S
FoodatWilliams, Owner at Food at Williams, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
I am pleased that we were able to offer you some well-deserved refreshments and look forward to seeing you again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely cafe/bistro”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stopped here for lunch yesterday...six adults, two children. It was a very good experience overall, from the delightful, friendly service, to the high quality food. Everyone enjoyed their meals, especially the homemade fish finger rolls, which were a million miles away from standard frozen fish fingers. Williams is modern, bright and airy, and gets the thumbs up from me and my party.

3 Thank craig_hu
FoodatWilliams, Owner at Food at Williams, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you for your review, being a new business it is very encouraging to receive such positive feedback; I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Food at Williams
Pembroke, United Kingdom
“Not worth the effort”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We went for lunch at Food at Williams and will not be going back.
Whilst the owners may think it whimsical to have the cutlery sitting in an old treacle can in the middle of the table, I do not like the idea of eating with utensils that other people have coughed and sneezed over or worse.
The menu had very little in the way of vegetarian options, and nothing for vegans, except for a fish free salad nicoise which is similar to providing meat free steak tartar.
My partner had an undercooked strawberry roulade, and I had poached eggs with tomato, mushroom and sourdough toast. A big mistake. The toast was made with a bread so bland that to call it sourdough would be an insult to sourdough. The butter that was served was fresh from the freezer and too hard to spread. I would have mentioned this to the waitress but she was too busy to ask if everything was ok with the meal. In fact no-one asked how our meal was....even when we asked for the bill. I mentioned the fact that the butter was too hard to use and was told that it would be mentioned. No apology or any request for other feedback.
Not only will we not be going back, we will not be recommending this cafe/bistro to anyone.

• Visited March 2013