“Delicious lunchtime” 4 of 5 bubbles

Old Kings Arms Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Pembroke
Price range: US$13 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have a single menu for the main dining room and bar areas.The dining room is the oldest part of the hotel dating back to deeds of 1522. The dining room is a typical of a Welsh farm house with a large open fire that is lit every day over the winter period. The menu offers a selection from Welsh Tapas through to a selection of Welsh fillet & sirloin steaks and freshly caught fish directly from Milford Haven docks. We procure the majority of our food from local sources wherever possible.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
“Delicious lunchtime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

An unexpected treat on a windy day when we decided to have lunch out instead of dinner at home. Although the downstairs dining area was fully booked we were taken upstairs to the
'quieter quarter'. There we enjoyed the excellent food and the unusual decor ( with one
quirky tableau in a corner) . My partner & his late wife had dined at the Hotel some years ago
and he was pleased that it has still maintained a fine culinary standard. The staff were well
trained, attentive and happy in their roles. We would certainly recommend this to visitors and
local residents who appreciate fine food. The only criticism would be that the restaurant was
closed when we next decided to visit one weekend so ate at an inferior fish and chip cafe
instead. Prior booking next time?

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Lots of lovely fish dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night and ate in the restaurant. The décor in my room (24) looked a bit tired and in need of attention. We really enjoyed the meal though. There were lots of nice fish dishes on the menu. I had hake and mussels with potatoes and green vegetables and it was all delicious. I had the toasted local cheese for starter with chutney and it tasted really nice. I had grapefruit, smoked haddock and poached eggs for breakfast, which was tasty. My friend enjoyed her meals too. The hotel is in a lovely location, just over the road from Pembroke Castle and there's a lovely walk along the pond up the road.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jaymiee01
Pembroke, United Kingdom
“Great meal and pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I had failed to eat at the new Marstons restaurant in Pembroke Dock as a result of a long table wait and then being told the kitchen time would be one hour for service! We decided to revert to an old favourite of ours - The Kings Arms and were glad we did.
Pleasant attentive staff and excellent food. My wife had a starter and starter again for her main meal and both were excellent and I had Cockles, Bacon and Lavabread to start and Pork as my main.
Puddings were superb and my wife reckons their Creme Brulee is the best she has eaten in the world!
After an earlier futile experience in the evening we were rewarded by a very good meal in a very cordial atmosphere and would thoroughly recommend the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
Thank D.mr S
Westbury, United Kingdom
“superb meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

excellent service - super meal - excellent value - would recommend and will certainly return -
cannot recommend too highly - only one drawback and that was the room temperature - however this was a very hot weekend

Visited August 2014
Pembroke, United Kingdom
“hi quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

pembroks oldest restaurant centuries old great food,excellent service,in 5 years i have not had a disappointing meal,great bar meals,or breakfast,norman and his staff will make sure you have a good visit.

Visited August 2014