Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Millington-Memphis Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Millington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently stayed here and was very impressed. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfat was great and even included greek yogurt. My only complaint is that the a/c didn't seem as cool as it should have been. Also, would love if they added a hot tub to the pool area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann D
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Millington-Memphis Area

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is nice and staff is friendly. However, they are disorganized and under staffed. We had a free night stay and was charged, when we tried to get something done we were told we had to wait for the manager that checked us in. Chris was due to be on duty by 6:00am we were told, we waited until 7:00 and still no manager. We left and called customer service, they will have manager to contact us. Maid service is slow due to being understaffed. Front desk representative were hard to reach due to trying to help out in the kitchen. I think this would be a very nice place to stay if more staff were hired?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Millington-Memphis Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Leesaleesa130,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here in June. Entire staff from front desk to ladies at breakfast were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and well kept and had a nice breakfast area with a fairly nice breakfast buffet. It had a workout room and I tried to use the treadmill but it seemed a bit clunky. My room was huge with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. The room also had a mini fridge, small microwave, as well as a coffee maker. The room was also very quiet with minimal sounds from other rooms or the hallway.
The area around the hotel is nice, and its convenient to get to restaurants and businesses within Millington being right off the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a great stay for a reasonable cost here. It was close enough to Memphis to venture down to Beale Street for some evening entertainment. The sauna is a nice amenity and the pool was clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for about a week, upon checking in with the older clerk up front she proceeded to answer calls about reservations and changes and also gave directions to people walking up to her while I was checking in. It was a ridiculous 23 minutes before I got to my room. I had just fallen off of Platinum Elite and am only a Gold now. Was wondering if that had anything to do with it. I interacted with her several times over my stay and found her to be a bit "you need to know I'm the boss" type. Also one elevator for four floors that is VERY slow. Other than that stay was pleasant. I tend to get wrapped up in good customer service but I'm learning that is becoming a thing of the past.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Millington-Memphis Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear limoflyer,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Gold member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and apologize if the check in process did not meet your standards. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Got to the area on business ,choose this hotel because of it is convenient next to the main road , Walmart ,and some restaurants.
this hotel was a great surprise .
it is clean and spotless ,
very friendly staff especially the lady that controls the breakfast room .
i found my home away from home when i am in Memphis .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my second stay at this Holiday Inn Express in Millington. It is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen, plenty of towels, shampoo etc . I found the beds to be very comfortable with lots of pillows. The staff is very friendly especially Lisa at the front desk and Jane who works the breakfast area. We looked forward to the breakfast buffet and loved that they have coffee, and tea available all day for guests. We used the pool every morning and found it to be clean and well kept. They have fresh baked cookies every afternoon which my grandson loved. Already planning another stay here can't wait for August.

Room Tip: I usually stay on the ground floor its not noisy and everything is close by, the pool, breakfast are...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millington
Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
#5 of 8 in Millington
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 8 in Millington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Millington-Memphis Area? Share your experiences!