“Great Breakfast, Friendly Town, Smallish Room”

Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Millington
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel is about the last commercial building as you head north out of town and is on the right side of the road. It was a nice, newer Hampton, very similar to others of the same age. The staff was very friendly. We asked about places to eat when we arrived and were handed a comprehensive two page list of every conceivable eatery in the area. One thing to be aware of is that just about every place to eat requires that you head back into town, which means making a left coming out of the hotel, which was surprisingly tricky to do (of course, it depends on when you are trying to do it). Like most people I saw, I ended up going north and then doing a U-turn to head back into town to grab some dinner. Btw, we ended up eating a sub sandwich at Lenny's sub shop and it was great. Much better than Subway. Surprisingly, the sub shop was virtually deserted on an otherwise busy evening.

The place was very quiet even though it was fairly crowded. We had a standard 2 queen room, which was quite cramped for 2 adults and 2 children. We usually opt for the 2 queen suite for the extra space, but I think they may only have a single king bed suite here. Water pressure in the shower was noticeably good and the internet bandwidth was Ok.

They had a better than average breakfast spread. I'm starting to notice that most Hamptons have the standard food items (as would be expected) and then some add some additional items, like this one, although we have been to some Hamptons that have even more (the breakfast cereal selection, for example, has been better). There was some trash in the elevators overnight but the cleaning staff was out in force the next morning.

So overall clean, friendly and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
pbakshi, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Millington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Our goal is that every guest at our hotel feels welcome and has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We really do appreciate the feedback because it lets us know what we are doing right and where we need to improve. Thank you again for your review.

Have a wonderful day!

Your friends at Hampton Inn & Suites - Millington

Reviewed 2 September 2011

The dearth of decent lodging in the Millington area has been relieved by this relative newcomer. The only negative is the full parking lot. Is it any wonder when it is the #1 hotel in the area? I have stayed at other places nearby and they are fleabags.

The front office and reservations staff were lovely. My flight had been delayed a day and so I called them to let them know I would be a day late. They couldn't have been any nicer.

• Stayed: July 2011
pbakshi, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Millington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Millington. Your comments are not only appreciated but highly beneficial for us in learning how we are performing and how we can further improve our hotel operations. I look forward to your return visit to Millington, TN, and hope your experience will be even better the next time.

Your friends
at the Hampton Inn & Suites
Millington, TN

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I are completely sold on Hampton Inn. We've travelled a little, and every time we stay at a Hampton Inn, they really go the extra mile to make sure it's a nice stay.

36" flat panel TV, recently updated and modern decor, breakfast each morning, coffee any time of day, mini fridge, microwave, and very helpful staff.
The beds are comfortable, and an added bonus: They make sure you know that they launder the comforters, which offers a little extra peace of mind.

This particular Hampton Inn included extremely professional staff and a very quiet hotel. I never felt like any other guest was in my space, the walls are thick, so no noise comes through, and I actually did not really see any other guests. In all, pretty perfect stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
pbakshi, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Millington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Hello, I'm Teresa Sims, Sales Coordinator at the Hampton Inn & Suites Millington, TN. Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so glad you and your wife enjoyed your visit and it's our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel.

Teresa and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites
Millington, TN

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This Hampton Inn is just about perfect. It is apparently only two years old and everything is new and clean. Our room had no odor whatsover; it was so nice to walk into a room like this! Our room on the south side had a view of beautiful, green, Tennessee farmland. This hotel is very uncrowded because of it's newness; it felt like we had it to ourselves, i.e. no breakfast crowd at the nice breakfast setup. The morning front-desk person was amazing! When we found that our minivan would not start at 7AM, she expressed sincere concern about our problem, called her husband, a mechanic, at home, waking him up to get advice for us, then with jumper cables kept in the office, used her own car to jump start us and get us on our way; her graciousness and actions saved our day. I can not say enough; we made sure we planned our trip so that we were able to stay here again on our return home.

Room Tip: If you want a really big room for extra children on cots as we had, ask for a
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Very nice hotel! Stayed here for 3 nights and loved everything about the hotel. Very friendly staff. Loved the free breakfast as well with variety of items. Rooms are nice and clean. Very impressed with the housekeeping. My room is always prepared as if I'm checking in for the first time. I would definitely stay here again and i highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This Hampton Inn pulls out all the stops! The entire place is very new and well-maintained. The rooms are spacious and quiet, which I loved. The front desk staff was more than accommodating - one called right after I checked in to make sure everything was okay with my room & another time to see if an access card she found in the bathroom was mine. The breakfast was a nice touch, as was the happy hour with beer, wine, water, and snacks! The pool looked great, although I didn't have a chance to use it. The exercise facility is small, but new and has a few cardio machines that looked available most times I walked by. There's only one computer in the business center, but it was always free the two times I used it. Overall, a great & quiet place to make your home away from home in Millington.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Very clean friendly and a welcome place to come to after a day at work away from home. Staff very friendly. Only with evening reception mon-fri vice mon-wed.

• Stayed: March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Millington-Memphis Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 8 in Millington

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Millington? Share your experiences!