“Charming hotel with friendly and helpful staff.”
Review of Grove Hotel

and 1 more site!
Grove Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in St Davids
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our rooms were on the ground floor which was good .The double room was beautifully presented and cosy, with nice features such as a log burner for cooler nights. . There is a private area outside to sit in which was lovely in the evening. The hotel has an attractive walled garden , so plenty of areas to sit and relax. The staff were so helpful and friendly a special mention for Eileen, Blake and Sarah. My only criticism was the salad I had with my crab was not the best as it contained tomato ends which I would throw away, maybe more attention to detail was needed for the price.
I would recommend the hotel for its location, staff ,charm and decor and make a return visit.

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor rooms for private area outside to sit.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Grove Hotel

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The location is great, service is fantastic and the staff are friendly and helpful, especially Celia,. The room is clean and comfortable. We stayed in a ground floor room, which was spacious and so comfortable. The food is beautifully prepared and presented and a joy to eat. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I arrived late afternoon to drop off my walking gear and luggage and received a warm welcome from one of the managers called Chris. The room I stayed in brilliant. Everything had been thought of, excellent bath & shower in the en suite, tea-making facilities, good fluffy towels and plenty of storage space. The morning's breakfast in the dining room was good and plentiful. I wished I had been staying longer as all the staff there made me feel like part of the family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in May at this wonderful hotel. The location is absolutely brilliant being only 100 yards from everything in the town and a five minute drive to some of the best beaches in the UK. The staff are very friendly and helpful and Celia made our anniversary special. The food was excellent and could even put mums cooking under threat.

This hotel is well worth a visit and we will be going back very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fire place for added romance
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil A
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at the Grove for one night this week and spent two days walking the Pembrokeshire coastal path. The staff here are welcoming and friendly and the hotel is well decorated and clean. We had dinner in the evening in the conservatory and breakfast there in the morning. Both were good. We were also able to take our dog as they accept pets, a real bonus!
The bedrooms are clean and have ensuite.
The hotel is situated opposite the Tourist Information centre which is great as you can pop in and get maps and advice for your day out. The staff there are also very friendly.
One tip room 2 is spacious and is the same price as room one which is smaller.

Room Tip: Room two is spacious and is the same price as room one which is a lot smaller.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My partner and I were booked in for 2 nights stay. The room was lovely, clean and most of all bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good and offered extra toast, tea and coffee if you so wished. Cannot comment on restaurant food, as we eat else where. The staff were very friendly on arrival, which is always nice and sets a good ambiance for a good stay at a hotel. We will definitely be back again in the future and would recommend hotel to family and friends wishing to stay in the St David's area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spagirl022
Reviewed 6 May 2014

From the moment I checked in I was made to feel at home.

I had a buniess meeting and had to do some printing and Celia was so helpful. We managed to get my printing done and the meeting went very well.

My room was super tidy and quiet, slept very well.

Breakfast was tasty and fresh a great way to start the day.

All in all and excellent stay I will definitely be back but at a more leisurely pace next time,

Room Tip: Room 2 towards the front of the hotel is nice and quiet. Please note it only has an on suite shower...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Wolfscastle Country Hotel
Wolfscastle Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wolf's Castle
Best Western Lamphey Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!