“Wet and Wild Adventure”
Review of Venture Jet

Venture Jet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The original Pembrokeshire jet boat experience: the excitement of the New Zealand jet boats, the best of Pembrokeshire's wildlife (seals, dolphins, seabirds), rock-hugging cave exploration, fun jet manoeuvres. Choice of Family (suitable for age 3+) or Adult trips (for adults and older children wanting a bit more excitement). Dog friendly. Trips around Ramsey Island, dolphin spotting off Grassholm and the Smalls. Operating from St Justinian and Whitesands beach, St Davids, Pembrokeshire.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wet and Wild Adventure”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

During our recent week in magnificent Pembrokeshire staying on Strumble Head we really wanted to get out onto the sea - so we booked this trip after reading all the many options but this just sounded what we were after - a bit of exploration of Ramsey Island, its caves and wildlife and some open water high speed fun - well what a fabulous one and half hours we had - yes the weather was glorious (12th June) which of course helped - however with the expert Beth behind the helm and her assistant we learnt so much about the area, its geology and wildlife including many seal spots, razor bills, fulmers etc. - we especially loved the caves we explored on route - with Beth taking the boat right into a few. Then we got onto the open water, Beth let the throttle out and oh what fun with spray and 180 degree turns and stops this proved to be one of the highlights of our week and we would recommend the Company and this trip to anyone. Thank you

Visited June 2014

Manchester
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wet, Wild and Fabulous!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Venture Jet's Wet & Wild Adventure was just that...wet, wild and a real adventure of discovery around ramsey island, in the caves, and seal-spotting in the hidden coves. The boat is excellently handled by the friendly and very knowledgeable captain, Tim, and his young assistant, and we had a great time....a mixture of facts, fun and exhilarating high-speed fun through the waves...but we always felt safe, secure and perfectly at ease with this very experienced skipper and crew...highly recommended!

Visited May 2014
manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip for the whole family”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked a wet and wild trip for four adults and two children aged 6 & 9. It was exhilarating and fun, and the captain, Tim, was interesting and knowledgable and gave just the right balance of information, sights and thrills. He could also handle the boat and we all felt totally safe despite the fact that we were twisting and turning and going at speed. The kids loved this and getting splashed by the waves, and we all enjoyed seeing seals and the variety of wildlife. Definitely the best boat trip I have been on compared to others in St David's, Venture Jet was good value and I would choose them again over the others which are more prominent in the high street.

Visited May 2014
Crickhowell, United Kingdom
“Amazing fun!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I took my 14 year-old daughter on our third jet boat trip from St. Justinian's in 5 years; the first with one of Venture Jet's rivals (which was good), the second (2012) and third (24th April just gone) both "Wet and Wild" trips courtesy of Venture Jet.

I thought the first Venture Jet experience might be equalled, but not bettered....... how wrong I was!

As well as the fantastic widlife and scenery, which we were expertly guided around by Tim and Beth, the sea chipped in by being "lumpier" than last time, adding even more thrills as Tim demonstrated his mastery of Shearwater's extreme manoeuvrability (Hamilton turns et al) - it took several hours for the grin to fade from my daughter's face! (Okay, mine too!).

I am sure that whatever you're looking for, Venture Jet have a trip to suit; I can only add that I (and my daughter) highly recommend them and will definitely be out with them again - next year if not sooner. Tim and Beth - I am SO jealous.... if I had a job that was as much fun, and that I enjoyed as much as you both clearly do, I'd be in heaven!

Visited April 2014
Warwick, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Second trip and just as good”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked a wet and wild trip over Easter with my 14yr old daughter.
Prompt in leaving on a lovely sunny afternoon, we were kitted out with life jackets and given the safety blurb.

The staff know there stuff and made the wild part very interesting, the boat makes it great fun and allows you to get into caves and over the faster rougher water when tides are flowing.
The wet part was as wet as I was happy with but not as wet as my daughter would have liked.

This is the second trip we've done and the first thing that we talked about afterwards was doing it again next year.
If you have very young children I'd say it's a bit extreme unless they are fearless, teens will love it.

Visited April 2014