“Great Bit of Very Old History/Religious Belief/Folklore”

St Non's Chapel and Holy Well
Ranked #12 of 34 things to do in St Davids
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We loved feeling the age of these places and learning of the beliefs and stories attached. The remains of the Chapel are in such a picturesque setting with a great sweep of sea view behind. The story is that St. Non was St. David's mother and that she gave birth to him on the site where the Chapel was then built. The Holy Well is meant to have the capacity to cure ailments, particularly ones concerning the eyes. I have had a runny eye for years which the medical profession don't seem to be able to do much about. I rubbed on a little water from the Well so I'll if it's cured!! I shall be amazed if I find I have no more problems! We really had pleasure and fun from our visit here, partly, I think, because of the fantastic setting and partly because the stories around the remains are so wonderful.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We popped into the little chapel at St Non's while walking along the Pembrokeshire coastal path and it was heart warming.

A number of people have clearly been helped spiritually by their visits to the chapel and nearby well. The atmosphere is uplifting and emotional.

For a simple break even for a few minutes as you're walking by it's well worthwhile.

One of those places that can link us all in our human experience.

3  Thank JohnP_Wiltshire
Reviewed 28 October 2013

To go to St Non's Well and Chapel is to go back in time and imagine the birth of St David all those years ago. I had no transport but it was not a long walk to St Non's Bay and well worth the effort.

3  Thank Gerigenie
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We walked from the cathedral car park -steep uphill to start with, then fairly level path. This is where St David was supposed to be born. The well is supposed to heal, but I couldn't verify this as I am healthy! Lovely walk back across the fields into St Davids

2  Thank drpetembe
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Fell over the place on our walk along the glorious coastal walk The birth place of St David so folk law states