“Nice place to stay, eat and drink when in St. Davids”

Cross Hotel Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in St Davids
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Agoura Hills, California
“Nice place to stay, eat and drink when in St. Davids”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here 1 night while on a quick 4 day tour along the coast of Wales. St. Davids is a beautiful town and area. The castle is pretty amazing.

We like the Old Cross Hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice and clear and very roomy. We had drinks in the bar with the owners and locals and it was a good time. We also had dinner there and food was good.

The hotel is right in the center of this small town. The smallest city in Wales. It is a block from the castle.

The breakfast was also very nice - cooked to order.

The bed was not too comfortable but I still slept good.

I would definitely stay here again when in the area. When we go back we will stay longer as there is lots to see and do in this beautiful area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Craig-World-Travelle

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“OK but ordinary”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you just want straightforward bar food, this is fine. We took our meals in the bar as the restaurant in the hotel was taken over by a large group. In the end, I think I preferred the bar. Neither restaurant or bar have much character, but at least the bar had a kind of friendly informal atmosphere and a lively crowd of people.
I can't say much about the food - it was just very forgettable - but there was nothing wrong with it. I would eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Bland Bar meal”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We chose to go for lunch to this hotel based on the very reasonable prices for their lunchtime menu. I had the ham, egg, chips and peas, and my husband had some sort of pork rib burger with BBQ sauce. The food was ok, but not amazing. The Bar area itself was rather plain and clinical, and less than homely and welcoming.

• Visited October 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value basic food”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Good value food. My youngest daughter commented that her chicken nuggets were better than usual as they were battered rather than breadcrumbed. I had the mushroom soup which was nice but had too much flour in it unfortunately. My main, mushroom and pepper stroganoff, was also over-thickened. However my husband and older daughter both had chicken makhani which was very nice. We didn't realise they did desserts as they weren't mentioned on the main menu.

• Visited August 2013
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“First nighters”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived in St David's hungry and discovered everywhere was booked. The seven of us found ourselves being made very welcome though the surroundings were a bit clinical- but we thought we were so hungry and tired from travelling we would give it a go. Prices were ok, we didn't have to wait long for the food , plenty of choices and we enjoyed our food when it arrived. An okay experience, but the atmosphere was rather sterile and not very welcoming.

• Visited August 2013