“Almost better than the Cathedral”
Review of Gianni's Ice Cream

Gianni's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in St Davids
Description: Home made icecream made on the premesis . Lots of lovely flavours to choose from . Daily flavour changes. Sorbets are vegan and dairy free. Gluten free icecream and comes.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Aside from the Cathedral and palace, this was the next highlight of the visit. A great range of flavours to enjoy and a lovely little courtyard to sit in.
If ice cream is not your thing, the coffee is pretty good too

Reviewed 25 August 2014

There is ususally a queue on a fine day and there are some great varieties of ice cream avalable. Not too expensive either. good service too.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

totally delicious- what more can I say? proper italian gelato in gorgeous flavours - perfect after kayaking with TYF. And there are nice seats to eat it at.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in St Davids for a week, and I must admit that I had at least one Gianni's ice cream each day - one day I had 3!

The selection of flavours is to die for, just off the top of my head there was Death by Chocolate, Strawberries and Cream, Raspberry Dodge, Dime Bar, Salted Caramel, Banoffee Pie, Smarties, Bubblegum, Lime Sorbet, Tiramisu, Marscapone and Fig, Limoncello, Jagerbomb, Scrumpy Cider, Gingerbread and Welsh Honey, Pembrokeshire Promise (honey and honeycomb), Bounty, Celtic Crunch (chocolate, honeycomb, biscuit, caramel), Rum and Raisin, Mocha Coffee Crunch, Baileys Irish Cream, and many many more! I'd say there were about 25-30 flavours in all, rotating with about 20 on offer at any one time. The selection in the freezer changed daily.

The parlour faces onto a nice paved area, with colourful parasols and nice tables for families to enjoy their ice creams and watch the world go by. From lunchtime through to closing time (9pm in the summer!) there was always a queue, but never more than a 5 minute wait, as Gianni always made sure there were enough staff on for busy periods. Unsure if they were his children or just local kids, but there were a number of very capable ice cream servers in their early teens who were very friendly and able, nice to see :)

My favourite flavour was the Full Dairy, which was actually unflavoured icecream! It tasted of lovely creamy milk and was just perfect. Whilst the array of tasty flavours was lovely, I think that the high quality of Gianni's ice creams shone through in this simple flavour. Truly delicious.

While I didn't try them, they also did hot drinks, sundaes, milkshakes and fresh cakes/scones, which looked very enticing, and even doggy ice cream - ice cream with suitable ingredients for a pooch's tummy, meaning every member of the family can enjoy a cold treat in the sunshine! The local honey (which they use in some of their ice creams) was also available to buy in jars, and I bought some to take home with me. Compared to the local supermarket and delis it was very reasonably priced.

If you are in St. Davids, I highly recommend Gianni's ice cream parlour. The ice cream there is simply the most lovely I've ever had, and I've had more than my fair share of gelato in Italy. It is creamy, delectable and there's a flavour for even the most cynical of customers. I'll be back in October for another short holiday, and Gianni's will be my first port of call after getting out of the car.

2  Thank dazzle1622
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The title had to be in capitals because this ice cream is worth shouting about! For some reason Wales has been the only place I've found sugar free ice cream and it is such a treat to enjoy. However this truly has been the best.

Smooth, silky ice cream with a true taste; no graininess or artificial flavourings. In fact it was so good we went back to St David's at the end of the trip to get a double scoop of Blackcurrant yumminess.

The only thing I'd say from a marketing point is you need to 'shout' more about it so people walking on the street realise you do. When you can't or don't eat sugar/diary you automatically discount places like this. Especially when it is very rare to get. So please make more of a song it's a great product- one which caters for various markets, which I'm sure visitors would want to know about!

Would definitely recommend and when you start selling tubs online let me know :-)

2  Thank LadieswithMabel