“New year holiday”
Review of The Waterings

The Waterings
Ranked #7 of 18 St Davids B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2012

What a little gem The Waterings is, absolutely marvellous! My wife and I have just returned from a 5 night stay at The Waterings and couldn't fault it. The breakfasts were excellent, room was clean, tidy, very spacious and having its own lounge was lovely, somewhere to relax after a 10 mile coastal walk made such a difference, it almost felt like your own little cottage. It's in a great location, set back from the main road with plenty of parking, only 5 minute walk from The Grove Hotel, 10 minute walk from the centre of St Davids and 15minutes from the coastal path at Cearfai bay. The only critisism would be directed at the weather, somewhat windy and damp, but this is Wales in December!! We would recommend it 100% and plan to return for new year 2012. Many thanks to William and all his staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 November 2011

This was great place to stay. Great room, lovely welcome and great food.
Recommended

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina19
Reviewed 31 October 2011

After seeing St David's on Countryfile we had wanted to visit the area. We booked the room by phone and then worried as we normally use hotels as opposed to B & Bs.
When we arrived we were shown to our room by William and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the little touches that make your stay comfortable.
There was a vast number of fluffy towels in the large bathroom and an assortment of toiletries for the more forgetful of us!
Breakfast was fab we both went for the full Welsh and it set us up for the day.
Well appointed,it is within easy walking distance of the visitors centre and the cathedral.
An enjoyable stay and the service was second to none.
I must say that having stayed in some expensive high class hotels I was not disappointed with The Waterings and would recommend it to friends. A good honest B & B.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I booked this as a lone female traveller meeting up with a walking group to complete another stretch of the coastal path (4 days walking to complete!) I was a bit put out when William informed me when I phoned that they insist on 2 nights booking at weekends, which I think is pedantic if the rooms are going to be empty anyway, particularly out of season. However, I decided to stay 2 nights and was not disappointed as my room, Cabin Boy, was spacious and beautifully presented. Little extras like a small dish of mint crisps, cappuccino and hot chocolate sachets as well as tea and coffee ones make all the difference to being away from home. I liked the privacy and ease of being able to come and go without disturbing anyone and felt very comfortable there. For breakfast the first day I chose a cheese omelette to take advantage of their chickens' free range eggs and the following day I had kippers, which were perfectly cooked and delicious. I prefer to have toast brought to me after my "main" breakfast as it was cold by the time I got round to eating it, but next time I'll suggest it! I hope to stay again sometime in the future with family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. Friendly, very comfortable and clean. There were so many thoughtful touches in the rooms, e.g somewhere to put your walking shoes and a t-towel with the tea tray, to name just two.
Well appointed, a lovely garden with a croquet lawn and within easy walking distance of the cathedral, pubs and restaurants
I was really impressed with the service and would highly recommend this lovely place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2011

A great part of the world, a great B&B and a superb breakfast. Go for some smoked mackerel if a bit over the full english/welsh/irish. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stumbled into this B&B hoping to find a vacancy and were fortunate enough to find one here. The quiet room included an inviting sitting area, which we find so relaxing when traveling. It is walking distance to the main attractions in town, and a thoroughly delightful place to stay as well, as it has a patio with a fish pond, interesting gardens and a view of the ocean. The host was friendly and accommodating even though we showed up after dark. I could not have been more pleased with the entire experience, including the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple