“A very good place to stay”
Review of The Waterings

The Waterings
Ranked #7 of 18 St Davids B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, and were very pleased with the room. Having a small lounge area with a 2 seater settee and another comfortable chair meant that relaxing watching TV or reading was much more [pleasant than in many B&B rooms we have stayed in.

Breakfast was very good, nice selection and certainly the bacon and sausages were very good quality. We would stay again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are identical, so go for any.
1  Thank JohnFarnborough

Hello
Thank you for your positive feedback it is greatly appreciated. We get the sausages from a local award winning Sausage Company. (Preseli gold sausage co. Fishguard)

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I visited the Waterings around 5 years ago and enjoyed my stay very much. I was disappointed on my return with the overall neglect of the place, for example; the peeling varnish on the 'chalet' door, a small crack in our washbasin in the bathroom. I felt the pillows and beds were hard. The linen polyester and not cotton. I was also in the bathroom and looked down at my legs to find ants running up my leg! The breakfast was also disappointing. There was very little evidence of fresh produce or of any good quality ingredients. The berries had been defrosted. A very mediocre attempt. Overall I felt they wanted to charge as much as possible for as little in return. On a more positive note, the location of the Waterings is convenient to all the amenities of St David's.

2  Thank Catherine M
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our establishment. I would like to say that I’m aware of the problems you have highlighted and that they will be dealt with at our earliest opportunity. I work as many hours as the day will allow me on the maintenance of the property and have just taken on an addition member of staff to help with the workload. I can confirm that our crawling intruders they have been removed from the bathroom in question. Our beds have orthopaedic mattresses with mattress softeners placed on top of them to help with the firmness. The bed linen is new (less than 2 seasons) and is a 50/50 poly/cotton mix. Also recently refurbished are our carpets sofas, armchairs and TV’s. Again I’m sorry you found the breakfast not to your liking, whilst I admit there are some tinned and frozen fruit on the self service table, we do provide a fresh bowl to order. The bacon (Carmarthenshire) and sausages (Pembrokeshire) are locally sourced, my fruit and vegetables come from a provider in St Davids, my coffee is roasted in Pembroke, most of our cheese is usually from Pembrokeshire and if that proves unavailable then welsh cheeses are sourced. We also stock locally brewed beers (Penlon brewery Pembrokeshire/Ceredigion boarder.) Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing stay. I hope that you may give us another opportunity to provide you with accommodation in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked accommodation here on the internet. Always a bit hit and miss. In this case definately a HIT. We booked for 2 nights but stayed for three. I wish that we had not moved up country as our next B+B was something of a disappointment compared to The Waterings.

William and his wife - friendly and helpful.
The room - excellent
Breakfast - excellent, a great start to a day's sightseeing or walking.
Would I stay here again - YES
Would I recommend The Waterings - YES
The Grounds - well maintained
Parking - enough for at least two cars per room and away from the street.
Are the rooms quiet - the only noise at night or early morning was from birdsong.

Room Tip: Ask for "Captain" or "First Mate", these are the largest rooms.

Hello
Thanks for your very kind review, Sorry to hear that the other B&B wasn’t quite as nice. I’ll do my best to silence those pesky blackbirds that are residents in our garden!! It seems that a woodpecker has recently joined the fray as well.
Hopefully we may get the chance to accommodate you again in the future

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We spent a very pleasant night at this quiet, spacious clean B&B located just minutes walk from the centre of St David's. Plenty of off-street parking, and all at ground level! An excellent breakfast finished our stay nicely
Recommended for that stay in St David's.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello
Thank you for your nice review. I'm glad you found us comfortable. I hope you got back to Australia without too much hassle

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Waterings has a very relaxed, peaceful and chilled out atmosphere. The room we had was lovely with it's own front door overlooking a courtyard. It was very comfortable with it's own lounge area and large bathroom with bath and overhead shower (plenty of hot water). However probably the best part of our stay was the cooked breakfast - the best we have had in a long long time!!!

Only minutes walk from the centre of St Davids and with a large car park. It is with reluctance that I am writing this review and recommend this B&B, only because it is nice to keep some treasures like this to yourself!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DottyUK

Hello DottyUK
Thanks for your kind review, sorry for taking until now to respond. I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfasts and you found the atmosphere here to your liking hopefully we can accommodate you sometime in the future.
Regards William

Reviewed 24 April 2012

What a little gem! The Waterings is a fantastic place to stay wonderfully situated to explore the area on foot or by car. William and family look after you so well with well appointed rooms, a lovely breakfast and pleasant grounds. Would definitely recommend and hope to visit again in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank welshvacationer
WChant, Owner at The Waterings, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay, please look us up should you ever be coming back to St Davids for a Holiday.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

We have stayed at the Waterings on a couple of occasions, thoroughly enjoyed both stays - It's no ordinary b&b with the accommodation being arrange in 'cabins' around a courtyard. Having a small sitting area in addition the bedroom and bathroom is real benefit and gives a nice relaxing evening/morning area. While some may not like the idea of having to order breakfast the night before, I like the fact that it made me order the healthy fish rather than wake up and fancy the full 'Welsh'!!. The welcome is good and the location on the edge of St Davids is great, a lovely old 'city', well appointed and perfectly situated for exploring the beautiful Pembrokeshire coast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 mi away
No photo provided
The Ship Inn
#4 of 4 in Solva

Been to The Waterings? Share your experiences!