“Relaxing stay”
Review of Tre-Bentir

Tre-Bentir
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laugharne
Tre-Bentir
Ranked #8 of 15 Laugharne B&B and Inns
Surrey
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I had a relaxing 5 days at Trebentir, thank you Sarah. It is easy to find-you park your car in the free castle carpark and just by the bus stop is the entrance gate to a small courtyard and the door to the lean to.
I was given a key which meant I could come and go at all times. I stayed in the room overlooking the cafe opposite which opens at 10am. I had a delicious Halloumi and avocado salad supper there one evening. You could have a cooked breakfast here perhaps if you needed to but cereal and bread was enough for me.
Laugharne is a bit quirky and sometimes shops werent always open or opened late.
Trebentir ( known to the villagers I met as Sarah's place!) is an ideal base as it is in walking distance to the whole village- even Keepers Cottage at the top of the hill where I had a cream tea in the conservatory.
The villagers are friendly especiallly the owner of Choices and had all the ameneties I needed for a short stay- Spar supermarket, Post Office ( free cash withdrawals) Gift Shops, Church etc
A visit to the Dylan Thomas Boathouse down steps in the cliffside is really interesting with breathtaking views of the estuary and delicious food in the cafe- especially the Welsh Cawl soup. You can walk along the coast path by the castle if you can scramble a bit over rocks or you can use the easier route from the main road.
Its also a good base for further trips like Pendine Sands ( 10 mins away) and Tenby, Pembroke and Carmarthen all about half an hour away.
The B & B itself is clean , bright and contemporary. with a great view from the Velux window. I am 5ft 4 so the sloping eaves were no problem.
Breakfast is in a low cupboard with fresh bread, individual cereal boxes, and mini jam pots. There is a kettle to make tea and coffee and a toaster and butter and milk in a fridge. When I needed more supplies Sarah would give me them and did my washing up.
The only reason why I didnt give it an excellent overall rating was because I would have preferred a larger shelf to store the kettle, toaster and breakfast trays on- because I was using the table for my laptop.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GerberaSurrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I searched the web to find B&Bs in Laugharne and Llansteffan.leaving messages with my enquiry. Two came back to me, one that had closed 5 years ago and Sarah from Tre-Bentir.
Sarah was so easy to talk to and she explained the breakfast situation to me. We arrived at this lovely home, which we found with no problems, so easy to park. The two bedrooms were light, clean,plenty of space although the head room for my husband was a little tricky. Breakfast was just so relaxing, no time shedule, enjoyed fresh bread,toasted with a selection of marmalades and jams, cereals, orange juice, tea & coffee. All enjoyed in our room overlooking the estuary. We were able to come and go as we pleased. Sarah was very helpful with helping us to with the local places of interest. The weekend at Tre-Bentir as a great experience and we surely will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer130147
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We saw positive reviews about Tre-Bentir on Tripadvisor and gave them a call when we were due to attend a wedding in the area. At £55 a night the place was a great steal!
We booked the two rooms one for us and another for my sister-in-law and her partner.
The rooms were clean and well decorated, with beautiful views of the sea and Castle!
It was lovely not having to rush to get ready for breakfast, but to get up and have it when you wanted. The breakfast was lovely with fresh bread, a selection of jams, marmalades and proper butter! Good selection of cereals and many teas, coffee and orange juice to choose from.
It was lovely having your own entrance and not having to worry about disturbing the owners to come in late after the wedding.
The owner was very friendly and was kind enough to let us come and leave our luggage earlier than usual and as there were no guests the following day said we could leave whatever time in the day we wanted and feel free to have a good wander around Laugharne.
So refreshing to have a B&B/hotel owner so polite, nice and helpful!
We had a little difficulty in finding but it was just off the car park by the sea, ideal for car parking!
Would definatley recommend anyone coming to Laugharne to stay here! :)

Room Tip: The room to the right has the best views of the castle and sea, but both rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jones_Swansea
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

One night here just wasn't enough. Sarah, the owner was friendly, welcoming and could not have been more helpful. The room was fresh, clean and tastefully decorated and situated within the eaves of Sarah's bungalow with great views across the estuary. Breakfast is self service and excellent quality - fresh organic bread, butter, jams, juice, milk, cereals, tea and coffee etc all provided with a toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery so you can eat at the table in the privacy of your own room. Spotlessly clean bathroom, crisp white bed linen and the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in made this a perfect little haven of tranquility - a perfect spot for walking along Dylan's birthday walk and watching the curlews and oyster catchers at the water's edge. We look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Two rooms only, both with the same view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen C
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I spent just one night at Tre-Bentir recently - I wish it could have been longer. Everything about the stay was great (apart from the weather!). Great location with wonderful views of the sea, yet close to the heart of Laugharne, pubs, restaurants and shops as well; convenient parking; a lovely, light, simple, spacious room and comfortable bed; good help-yourself breakfast with everything I neded including nice fresh bread and a good choice of tea and coffee. . Things are arranged so guests can be completely self-sufficient but Sarah was friendly, welcoming and helpful. A lovely place to stay and I'd love to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank cathym5
Lincoln
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I spent 8 months working in the nearby town of Carmarthen. During this period I stayed at Tre Bentir my 'Second Home'. The friendliest, cleanest,warmest bed and breakfast accommodation I have stayed in. It seemed to be the longest winter ever. But had it not been for Sarah and her warm welcome, it would hevae been even longer. Your own access, privacy and eating breakfast when you please, with added view of the estuary and castle make it perfect. It is also ideally located for the best restaurant in Laugharne. I also had the fortune of meeting some wonderful local people.I finished my stay in July, and I have already been back for two nights during a Wales holiday. It won't be long before I am back.

Many thanks Sarah.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LincolnWidget
Lodi, Italy
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Fantastic view over the bay of Laugharne, fantastic rooms and an incredible choice for breakfast.
Very romantic.
The owner was very kind and friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple