All reviews pembroke lodge guest relations tennis courts swimming pool short break leisure facilities milk wood every morning self catering hot tub fish and chip shop local village wi fi well equipped kitchen carmarthen bay within easy reach hope to visit again
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We are long-standing Seasons members and we have been to Laugharne a number if times previous to this. We were invited for a short break to view the reconstruction being carried out on the estate and the instructed on a new marketing scheme. Our first impressions were not very satisfactory, having been allocated lodge 24A which as well as being one of the smallest lodges, was next to the construction site with construction vehicles rumbling around. It was not very clean, the carpet was stained and having travelled over 6 hours to get to Laugharne and arriving late evening, was only just tolerable. The luxury of one of the new lodges we were shown only emphasised the poor deal we had been given. We were aware of what was going on at Laugharne, but if nothing better than this was available , we should not have been made the offer. It is a very poor and sad reflection on Seasons and their attitude to members, especially when they are trying to showcase the new developments.
The staff however, as usual, were friendly and helpful but until the site is completed, I doubt if we would return. We were very disappointed that we were given and expected to be happy with the lodge, its condition and the immediate surroundings. A poor service from Seasons

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank PCouncillor
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Now I've been to two other seasons owned resorts over the past few years...one of which was Whitbarrow village located in the Lake District and the other was The Clowance Estate which is based in Cornwall. Both these estates were truly beautiful. Out of the two I'd say Clowance was my favourite, merely because of its size and setting. Whitbarrow is reasonably sized with brilliant facilities and accommodation. But Clowance is 3 times the size. It has an enormous surrounding area for the family to go and explore. You don't really need to leave the estate if your not one for sight seeing as it has plenty to offer there.

Recently I went away with my family to the Laugharne estate in South Wales for a week. The weather was in the 30's for our entire stay. Now this site is going through some much needed redevelopment. It's old warn out apartments are undergoing a face lift. Some of the apartments are just having their interiors redecorated and modernised whilst others are being completely transformed into 5 star luxury get aways...inside and out. These new 5 star apartments are named the Dillon's and will be amongst the most expensive investments on the site...even more so than the park collections. But after seeing them myself I've realised that it would be worth it.

Along with the new accommodation; builders will also begin work on a 5 star spa and club house within the coming months... along with a new reception building containing a games room. These buildings were badly needed as its sister resorts e.g. Clowance , Whitbarrow and club Tahiti have already undergone face lifts or are coming towards the end of there's. Also there are plans to include wifi connections in every apartment which will be a plus.

Now this resort may not boast the surroundings on site that Clowance did, but it has views that a better by far. Seen from every apartments front, is the estuary which spans for miles and miles. This can be accessed via a lower road. But when the sun is out, it casts a beam of light over the water causing it to glitter and shimmer from the distance. This was a beautiful site to wake up to every morning along with the sunset every evening. Now the town of laugharne is unique. It is home to laugharne castle which has been around since before the rule of Elizabeth 1 (1500's). This castle is at a 65% stage of ruin but is fantastic to look around. The town and estuary around is also brilliant hosting a number of hotels, restaurants (the Portreeve), cafes (the owl and the pussycat) and shops (choices) . All a 2 minute drive from the resort.

The estuary is a 10 minute maybe 15 minute walk towards the famous Dillon Thomas boathouse which houses a cafe and small museum along with his writing shed. This attracts people from all over the world. Surrounding beaches include Pendine, Tenby and Saundersfoot. All of which a beautiful days out. Swansea is a 57 minute ride from laugharne and hosts a famous market and world class botanical garden. There are many petrol stations around, there's a local post office which is the only place you can withdraw cash in Laugharne and there are 2 reasonably sized shops for food and papers.

My only issues were with the wifi and that maybe one or two plug sockets were in awkward places e.g. Behind the dresser where it was almost missed...but that was easily fixed. And the main bathroom in the Pembrokeshire's only had a bath whilst the master rooms en suite had a shower. I found that a little odd as I had to use my grandparents shower every morning. But this was all minor and no other problems presented themselves for the entire stay. The site is also set on a roman burial ground so the long thin twist road and path up must always remain like that. It's an easy one way system once you've been there a day or two just as long as you don't go done when a cars going up. The staff (at reception especially) and towns people were all extremely kind and well mannered too. All in all I would love to come back when the work has been completed as I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cdonderici
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Went for a short break on the understanding we would have an appointment about the new lodges which I must add are fabulous. Checked in, got our keys and went to our lodge, what a shock, we have never been in a Seasons accommodation so bad, the smell was really bad, the settee was so dirty I wouldn't sit on it, the view was amazing but the windows were stinking. Went into the bathroom and the shower tray had hairs all on it. I went back to reception to tell them, was told that as it was a Sunday she didn't know if she could do anything but would ring me if she could. We waited half hour but didn't receive a call so decided we would have a walk down to the town and decide if we were going to stay or leave. Almost at the bottom of the hill and my phone rang to be told that another lodge was available, walked straight to reception, got the key, walked back up heart attack hill and moved, this lodge smelt better but in desperate need of a revamp. We stayed that night but left the following morning, couldn't stay another night - definitely not for us. First time ever we have been disappointed with Seasons.if this is the Seasons "flagship" resort I think Seasons need a rethink!!

Date of stay: May 2017
5  Thank TRACY D
Reviewed 10 June 2017

If I had wanted a weeks holiday in the middle of a building site with third rate accommodation, no facilities except a dank and damp games room then I would have been happy here . The staff were only interested in selling timeshare. It was awful. The views on the other hand, we're amazing.

Room tip: It's not a hotel, it's a holiday park with outdated tatty accommodation
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Christine c
Eryn B, Manager at Laugharne, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at Laugharne Estate. It is disappointing to see that you were dissatisfied with your stay with us, as the entire team works tirelessly to provide enjoyable holidays for all our guests. Laugharne Estate is undergoing major refurbishment this year, part of which involves building brand new central facilities, and every guest who books directly with ourselves is informed of this work prior to any booking being confirmed. I am unsure as to how you booked to stay with us but if you would like to contact the resort directly a member of the team would be more than happy to speak to you about your experience.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Recently visited Seasons at Laugharne for a short break in order to see the new developments. Luke from customer relations showed us around and was very informative and knowledgeable. The new lodges are fabulous and with the new clubhouse being developed this will make this a top resort. We stayed in one of the Dylan lodges as we have on several previous occasions, the views were great and to top it all brilliant weather, so many thanks to everyone, we are back for a week in September

Date of stay: April 2017
Eryn B, Manager at Laugharne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at Laugharne Estate. It is wonderful to see that you loved your stay with us and that you are as excited as we are to see the end results of all the changes we are making on the resort. Your feedback regarding the helpful and pleasant service you received from Luke and the rest of the team is fantastic to see and we all look forward to welcoming you back again in September. Thank you again for your kind comments.