The Corran Resort & Spa
Travelodge St Clears Camarthen(St Clears)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$109
US$97
US$94
Priceline
St Brides Spa Hotel(Saundersfoot)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsafternoon tearelaxation roomthe main housespiral staircasegreat barnon arrivalmy partnerfull body massagescallopscorran resortthe penthouseunderfloor heatingsteam room was out of orderconverted barnrestaurant staffmini moonmezzanine bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Just come back from what should have been a lovely birthday celebration for a good friend of mine. Table for 10 booked for 1pm. Drinks order taken. Still waiting at 1.45 for a lunch menu or to be shown into the restaurant. Some clarifications required about the menu.
"What's salmon darne?" Response "its a herb"!!!
"Is the belly pork nice and crisp?" Response "yes its cooked really well"

Starters arrive - very disappointing. Tiny slivers of smoked makerel on a lettuce leaf with a spot of horseradish.
Main course arrives - looked OK but then saw that the pork belly was far from crisp, no cracking and worst of all another cut of pork on the plate to make up the meat portion. On querying this with the waitress with multi-coloured hair, she said it was from another part of the joint!!!! Restaurant manager got involved who unfortunately for him, oversteppped the mark by stroking my arm to which I took great exception to. Obviously not trained in respecting personal space. Plate taken away and replaced after an excpetionally long time by a plate of belly pork. Yes, but it bore no resemblence to any belly pork that had previously appeared on other friends' plates. Far from cooked - appeared to have received the microwave treatment and the fat bore a somewhat fat in micro smell. Needless to say, there was no way I was going to eat this and it was removed.
Restaurant manager assured that no charge would be made for my lunch. Good and then gave each of us some vouchers to persuade me to give the Corran another chance. Friends all happy with this.
Then, the icing on the cake. Some friends discovered on settlement of their individual bills that they'd been charged £10 a glass for Sauvignon Blanc. The wine waiters hadn't considered mentioning the cost as compared to house wine when the order was taken. A cheap trick.
Will we be going back? a definite no
Will we be recommending the Corran to others? Most definitely not.
This establishment needs to really buck its ideas if its going to be operational in the long term

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank CymruTravellerWales
Nick E, Manager at The Corran Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your less than satisfactory dining experience at the weekend. I would like to personally apologise for the fact that you did not enjoy your time at The Corran. We take the views of our customers very seriously and I have passed on your feedback to our restaurant team. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit further. Please feel free to email me at info@thecorran.com or call on 01994 427417.

Best Wishes,
Nick Evans
Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Just come back from a family wedding at The Corran. Everything went so smoothly, cannot fault the staff who always had a genuine smile for you and the food was yummy. The rooms were spacious, spotless and well equipped. Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were more than obliging and catered for mum in law who's almost 90 down to the youngest one of 4. The one lad knew all of the children's names (7 of them) in no time and kept them entertained. Plenty of room for them to play outside and no grumpy faces when they were a bit noisy. Just wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank taffy024
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Gorgeous food, excellent staff and a superb atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant, have visited quite a few times and was always very happy. We had three courses and a bottle of bubbly, white wine.we will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JONHMELLER
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Corran on the night of 27th April as a birthday break for hubby. From the moment we entered the front door we knew we were in for something special. The reception staff were extremely friendly, the décor was fab and the whole atmosphere was welcoming. We were taken to our room, Room 11 The Byre, and given a brief history of the resort on the way.
The room was nothing short of stunning. A huge king size bed, extremely fluffy bathrobes, an enormous flat screen tv, a bathroom to die for and the décor in general was beautiful. There was a seating area at the bottom of the bed to chillax in whilst watching tv.
We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday evening and what an experience. The waiters and waitress were friendly, welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The food was exemplary.
Throughout our entire stay neither myself nor my husband could find a single thing to complain or make a negative comment about.
My birthday is coming up soon and we will be back at The Corran to celebrate it.
Well done to staff and management on this magnificent gem set in the west Wales countyside.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank WelshCez
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Went with a large party for Sunday Lunch. We could not eat at the appointed time, and when we did eventually sit, we were on a table for 10, which should only have a maximum of 8, to enable your arms to move whilst eating. Also, we had to endure 2 hours of " entertainers " singing just behind us, through a loud speaker. That was the worst, it was painfully loud. We could not have any conversation, so out meeting was wasted. The gents toilet that I used had a light bulb missing, no mirror or coat hanger - put your expensive coat on the floor. The dining room needed a clean, unless the cobwebs were fresh, and it also has 6 huge air-con units attached to the ceiling, but they have not been encased, so you are looking at motors and pipes. The decor needed a freshen up and missing plaster needs sorting. The bar was poorly designed with regard to foot traffic, so people had to continually push past to get to the nearest toilets. While seated for food, one could look straight into the laundry store which looked like a portacabin. A gent dressed as a chef was in and out of the dining area, actually serving and doing other jobs, rather than keeping to the kitchen. With a major overhaul and correct staffing, it could be a great place, but at the moment, its not being run by professionals.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Dave K
MGBPR1, Manager at The Corran Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Dave,
Thanks for letting us know that your recent trip to The Corran Resort & Spa did not meet your expectations. We value our customers’ opinions and I would like to apologise for your less than satisfactory experience with us.
On the Sunday that you visited, the hotel was hosting a Classic Car Rally within the grounds but unfortunately our ‘Great British’ weather forced the entertainment and outdoor catering inside rather than being in the courtyard as planned. We have learned lessons about having contingency plans in place for outdoor events and I’m sorry that the entertainment was not what you had been expecting.
I have alerted our maintenance and housekeeping teams about the points you raise in your review and they are being addressed as a matter of urgency.
I would like to invite you back to The Corran Resort & Spa on another occasion and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly. I hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes,