“Want to feel special? Stay here!”

The Corran Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Laugharne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2014

From the moment my two friends and I arrived at the corran we were made to feel looked after and welcome. The staff could not be more attentive and the atmosphere is calm and luxurious. We stayed in the stables (room 7) which was beautifully decorated and felt spacious and quite decadent. The staff put up a z bed for my friend so the three of us could share at very little extra cost. The bar and dining room were also lovely places to be, we spent many hours with coffees and papers (and Penderyn, but that was a bit later) until we fancied making the short journey into Laugharne for the festival. At which point a member of staff appeared and whisked us off in the sleek black minibus with instructions to ring them when we wanted to be collected later. It really felt like nothing was too much trouble; a testament to the staff. We had dinner in the restaurant on Saturday evening and were all very impressed by the new chef. The sea bass was scrumptious. Three chatty ladies were very quiet during this meal which is unusual but a good sign. I will definitely be returning, I didn't have time to sample the spa!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TLCandR
Andrew K, CEO at The Corran Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I hope you will make a return visit soon. Kind regards, Andrew

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked the Corran Resort and Spa for my wife to be for her birthday surprise and it went down very well – good brownie points! We stayed at the end of March 2014.

The resort itself is quite remote with not much else about that I could see apart from some fields with sheep – but a 5 minute drive will land you in the village of Laugharne where there is some culture to be soaked up from the poet Dylan Thomas and his old boat house, where you can see the locations he wrote many of his famous poems and take a nice walk along the shore with some great views.

When we arrived we were greeted with smiles which were nice to see and the receptionist quickly booked us in for food that evening. We were then kindly shown to our room (The Stables, Room 8) and given a quick run down of how everything works there. The room was amazing – I would recommend this room as there is an enormous bed with a feather duvet and pillows (we were both able to starfish and not knock the other out of bed). The sofas are really comfortable and clean and at a great angle to chill for an hour before you get a treatment at the spa perhaps…

This unfortunately, was the only downside of our trip as my massage was booked in for 25mins and the Missus got 55mins. We arrived at 4pm, filled out forms etc, got shown to the rooms, got changed, waited 5mins to be showed in, then given a minute to get undressed etc and then the massages started – once mine had finished I decided to leave my partner to finish hers off and take a dip in the pool – when I got to my locker, the time was 4.30pm – there was no way that all the stuff we did from arriving there to getting back to my locker took 5 minutes!...so I felt very cheated. Plus I was booked for back, neck and shoulders and only my back was touched – I questioned at the end why my shoulders weren't done and apparently the shoulders are classed as the center of my upper back – this may be a massaging reference, but if it is, it is anatomically incorrect – my shoulders are not on back – they are on my shoulders.
The pool and Jacuzzi are not too bad – very small, but I didn't go there to do lengths so was nice to relax there for a while until we were reunited following her massage – to which she seemed to enjoy and was a bit sore afterwards, which was a good sign that she got the firm massage she asked for.

The evening food and drinks were great – although heavily priced, the quality does justify it – maybe not for the chips though (£3.50 for 11 chips). The restaurant is really great and has a lovely feel to it and you are catered for extremely well. It is not too big so you don’t get forgotten about and the service is 5*. As it was her birthday, when we shown to our table there were balloons tied to her chair and a birthday card waiting for her – a lovely touch – especially as I booked a couple of months in advance and had completely forgotten that I’d told them it was her birthday. So a nice surprise for me too!

My only suggestion for Room 8 is that you turn off the mini fridge provided at night as it makes a bit of a droning noise when the thermostat kicks in to keep it cool and illuminates the entire room – wasn’t enough to wake her up, but it annoyed me enough.

I would definitely recommend as a get away for a couple. There were a couple of families there too with children and hen parties so it appears to cater for a multitude of needs.

Room Tip: Room 8 - The Stables. Very comfortable with a private courtyard outside to relax.
1  Thank 130MikeB130

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Corran. I was sorry to read of your disappointment with your Spa treatment, but thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on a future occasion. Kind regards, Andrew

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Arriving late on Wednesday Evening we were welcomed by wonderful staff. The room was totally fab - we stayed in the Byre.
All the rooms have sky TV all channels, free wifi and all the rooms are equipped with everything you would need. Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, small mirror, toiletries, bath robes, slippers the list just goes on !!!!
Although we had missed the evening meal we were offered sandwiches which were lovely.
After a wonderful nights sleep, i used the Spa the next day and had a great massage which was at a very reasonable price. The ladies in the Spa were also very welcoming and you got a good vibe when you walked into the place.
My husband and I were at the hotel for business, and on the Thursday we were joined by other business colleagues. Throughout the day the food was fab, the tour of the hotel was also excellent and most of all the staff and the owner Paul were the best hosts anyone could wish for.
Pamela and Jo - the staff were available at all times if you needed anything.
The Thursday evening was beyond all expectations ! great food, fab wine and the pianist in the restaurant was by far as good as the Piano Bar in the Bellagio Vegas.
If you eat in the main restaurant i would recommend the Lamb.
The future plans for the hotel are also very very exciting !
Having stayed at a lot of boutique hotels throughout the UK, plus some of the best hotels in London - i can honestly say that this place knocks the socks off all of them. From the moment you arrive you are made to feel part of the family but not in a over powering way. The staff are happy to help as much as possible, but they also treat you like real people and are not OTT and you relax from the very start.
The manager of the hotel comes with a wealth of experience and this is very obvious as this hotel is ran in a pleasant controlled way. I can see this hotel becoming a very sort after location or the place to stay...
I don't know how to thank Paul and his team for what was an amazing stay. It only took us 8 hours to drive home !!!! but would do it again as THE CORRAN is something everyone should experience…… CANT WAIT TO RETURN ---- thanks again and hopefully see you soon
Stephanie and Mark Salkeld

Room Tip: the outdoor rooms are great as you have your own space but so close to the main hotel. there are al...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Andrew K, CEO at The Corran Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Andrew

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Corran for 3 night's starting Friday the 7th march... I had booked the hotel several week's earlier and was looking for somewhere rather special as it was my partner's birthday weekend. All i said to my partner was that i had booked a hotel for 3 night's in Wales and would not tell her where we were going as know she would have goggled it and taken a peek.Well i didn't want to spoil the surprise for her. Straightaway as soon as i saw the Corran i knew it was something rather special .I had been searching for weeks to find what i thought would be the perfect place . So i finally thought i had found it so next step was to look at reviews on tripadvisor.Wow what fantastic reviews everyone seemed to be and i just knew this was the place for us. Within half an hour it was booked then there was just the wait. As it was my partners birthday i decided to order a bottle of pink champagne to be in the room for when we arrived and also book a meal for the evening .So a quick email was on its way . This was about 8pm at night so did not expect to hear until the following day. Within about half an hour there was a reply and all booked. Later decided to book a massage as a birthday treat for my partner who had never had a massage before . Again a reply was soon back.Jodie the receptionist had replied and already the way she came across she sounded like an old friend.I also asked for a card mentioning booking time for the spa treatment.We arrived about 2pm on the Friday ,parked the car and walked into reception to a very pleasant welcome. We were then shown to our suite ,No 12 the Byre This is a building with 4 rooms in it.the entrance hall to the rooms was really nice with a lovely wooden staircase.Our room was on the ground floor on the left.The manager opened the double doors to the room and !!!!!!!! WOW... It just looked stunning and so large.Our champagne was there waiting for us with a lovely card on bottle telling us about the spa treatment .It was a lovely little touch the way it was written.Thank you Jodie.. I now knew i had picked the perfect place. My partner had her Massage and luckily for me she loved it and wanted another 1. The room Was better than my expectations. A lovely large bed at the back of the room and the bedding as my partner said ,was like sleeping in white fluffy clouds as so soft and beautiful. Bed was so comfortable. Then there ia a sitting area with a very large tv on the wall with the full sky package.2 beautiful leather chairs of different sizes to watch tv also there was a settee . As much tea and coffee as you would want and lovely biscuits. And the Bathroom was just as nice with beautiful White fluffy Robes and shoes. Roll top bath and a fantastic shower. We had booked our meal for 8pm but decided to have a few drinks first and there was no problem whatsoever with this. The food is al la carte plentiful, beautiful and for food of this quality very reasonably priced . We both had different meals but not going to say what in case it spoils it for anyone going there.But it was so good we ate there Saturday night too.And again both had different meals. Breakfast again was such a lovely experience .Lots of choice and a table with just about everything on from juices to pastry's . I had 3 different breakfast in my time there ,1 morning having the eggs Benedict which i had never had before and it was lovely.Also had the Welsh breakfast and English breakfast. And the bar is also another lovely place to relax to before going to your room. So to sum it up ,in my eyes it was perfect.... if i had to find 1 thing to complain about i couldn't. From the beautiful room to the most friendly staff a fantastic place to stay. And may i thank the Staff for making my partners birthday UNFORGETTABLE ....
Steve

Room Tip: I think any room at the Corran would be fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the staff at the resort. Please come back and see us again soon. Kind regards, Andrew

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Took my partner to the spa here as a treat for her birthday. While there I waited in the bar / restaurant area. While it was a wet, cold windy day, the design, interior, features and ambience are all outstanding. My partner enjoyed her time there, and we look forward to returning to use all other facilities. This place has certainly been developed correctly since its Hurst House days.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your experience in the Spa. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Andrew

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Having been told about the Corran by a work colleague I was very impressed with the website. We decided to take a one night spa,dinner and B & B deal to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary. When I rang to make the booking I spoke to a young lady on reception called Jodie who was really helpful and friendly. When I put the phone down having made the booking I felt really pleased with the service I had just received.
When we arrived we quickly booked in and were shown to our room. No12 in the Byre.Our treatment was booked for 3pm and had a really great full massage.The wife had some work done on her eyebrows as well!
Dinner was booked for 7pm so having put on our glad rags we made our way to the restaurant. It was very empty with just one other couple eating. Whilst having a pre-dinner drink we were given our menus by Romeo who is the restaurant manager.The most helpful, pleasant and totaly professional gentleman you would ever wish to serve you. His help and recommendations for food and complimentary wines made the meal a real special occasion.
Our suite was really comfortable but would raise issues with the lack of lighting in the seating area and the pillows were very soft and not to our taste. The bathroom was well equipped with a lovely roll top bath(Plenty of room for two ( :-) ) The towels,robes and toiletries provided were of a very high quality.
Breakfast was very good and my wife had the traditional Welsh which she really enjoyed.
Booking out was a very pleasant experience with another very pleasant lady on duty. The staff really make this hotel,spa and restaurant a very special place and we shall return.
Thank you again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. I do home you will come back and see us again soon. Kind regards, Andrew

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just returned home after a fabulous two night stay at the Corran Spa ! The Location is wonderful, the Suite we stayed in was Outstanding, we ate in the restaurant both nights & had lovely meals & all the staff at the Hotel make this a perfect relaxing retreat ! The Spa treatments were First Class.I would highly recommend the treatments.We shall be returning again in the Summer for a longer stay !

Room Tip: Every room is Wonderful !!
1  Thank beethoven1CumbriaUK
Andrew K, CEO at The Corran Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Corran in the Summer. Kind regards, Andrew

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laugharne
Grove of Narberth
#1 of 1 in Llansteffan
The Brown's
The Brown's
#1 of 15 in Laugharne

Been to The Corran Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!