“A relaxed Sunday Lunch in the Welsh Countryside”

Broadway Country House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Laugharne B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A relaxed Sunday Lunch in the Welsh Countryside”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We received a lovely welcome when we walked into the hotel and were shown into the dining room. Jo and Lauren were there to take our orders. Very good menu and excellent choices. The main course is a Carvery but if I remember correctly I think there were other options. The food was very good indeed; the carvery excellent with a fantastic array of vegetables. I think the chef who served us was called Rich or Rick. Our time there was spent in a very relaxed atmosphere and nothing was too much trouble for them. Well worth the visit and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We went only for lunch and saw no rooms, but if the rooms are to the standard of the public areas of...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Newtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in September, The location is lovely but felt £95 for the tiny room was a little excessive. The wedding was done lovely and everyone was very friendly at the hotel. The owners daughter is a star and nothing was too much trouble. We did have a small indecent when the patio doors were open to our room a black Pug dog dressed in a little suit ( no joking ) came charging in jumping over the bed and my 4 month old son lying on the bed. I went outside and spoke to the owner of the dog, I did not get an apology only to be told it does not bite. That did spoil our stay a little but the wedding was fantastic.

Room Tip: The far rooms, 9 + 10 can not revive wifi
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed 1 night on business. Very reasonable rates. The staff were all very accomodating and friendly.Good beer and food and a lovely peaceful place. Also close to the sea for an evening stroll..........

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Penarth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My daughter and her partner had booked this hotel for their wedding and the day could not have been more perfect. The ceremony took place in the garden as it was a beautiful sunny day. The chairs were covered in white satin with pink ribbon, and they signed the register in the orangery. The food at the reception was first class as was the hot buffet in the evening. Evening entertainment was a disco with a variety of old and new music.

The staff at this family run hotel were fantastic and every detail of the day was catered for, from hairdressing to photographs. We had a pleasant room with patio doors to the garden. Room was en suite with TV and tea/coffee tray. A delicious breakfast the next morning added to a wonderful stay.

This is a perfect wedding hotel in a beautiful romantic setting, but is also ideal for anyone visiting the area for it's welcoming staff, food and accommodation.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have patio doors with access to the garden
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hduggy21
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Wanted to stay in South Wales as had not visited this area before, but had no idea where to book. This hotel was a bit like sticking a pin in the road atlas, but what a find!! From the moment we arrived, we were treated superbly. This is a small, family run business (in fact, most of the staff seem to be part of the family) and it does what it sets out to do brilliantly. The rooms are very comfortable. Ours had French windows opening out into the gardens. This can be a bit disconcerting at first as other guests are walking past your room, but there are only 8 rooms (I think!?) so the passing 'traffic' isn't actually a problem at all & you soon get used to it. In fact, it turned out to be rather nice as I would take my morning coffee straight from my room and sit overlooking the countryside & sea in the distance. I had the best nights sleep that I've ever had in a hotel...no traffic noise, no street lights, no late night revellers, so, if you're looking for a peaceful getaway...this is the place. Now, the food. Ate in the restaurant on 3 of our 4 night stay. The food here is simply excellent. If I can make a request, can the hotel add the pork loin (which was a special during our stay) to its main menu as it was to die for!!. The breakfasts here are the best I've ever had in a hotel. The service here is first class.....nothing is too much trouble. All the staff are friendly and chatty...if you want that, or they'll leave you alone if you want that. I cannot praise this hotel enough & would strongly recommend it if you're looking to stay in the area. I am looking forward to my return visit. Thank you for a lovely stay. Keep doing what you're doing and I plan to visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Oswestrian720
Cilgerran, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We had our wedding here last saturday and the whole day was perfect. The location is absolutely beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful and provided us with exactly the day we wanted. I would highly recommend Broadway country house.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie R
St Clears, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Keith and I first went to see Sian and Jo about a year ago to see if the venue would be right for our wedding. From the moment we arrived we were made so welcome. The journey that commenced back then was full of nice memories and nothing was too much trouble despite us both having a few blonde (me) and senior moments (Keith and I) along the way.

On the day we were married, guests that were staying at the hotel were allocated lovely spotlessly clean and beautifully presented ensuite rooms, which were all individual with some having amazing Estuary views. Our Honeymoon suite was simply amazing. Flowers and a card left for us was a real personal gesture with Champange to follow.

We were married in the orangry which was decorated with flowers. The chairs were laid out to give everyone a good view of the ceremony and our choice of music met us as we arrived.

We had pimns and Canapes whilst the photographs were taken followed by a wonderful meal.

The attention to detail was second to none and Sian, Jo and all the staff worked tirelessly to make sure everything ran smoothly. We couldn't have wished for a more perfect day or perfect Venue or perfect hosts. We have given our review 5 out of 5 which doesn't do it justice they deserve far more.
A Huge thankyou from a very happy Mr and Mrs Cooper.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laugharne
Mansion House Llansteffan
#3 of 15 in Laugharne
No photo provided
The Carpenters Arms
#7 of 15 in Laugharne

Been to Broadway Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!