“Excellent value for money, friendly and professional” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Broadway Country House Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Broadway Country House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Laugharne B&B and Inns
cambridge
“Excellent value for money, friendly and professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just got home after spending three days at The Broadway Country House Hotel and had to write this to say how much we enjoyed their hospitality. When we first arrived our welcome was warm and it was a refreshing change not to have to fill in interminable booking forms before being shown to our rooms. A brisk welcome and we were there. The rooms were clean, well kept and very good value for money. The view from our room was lovely - an added bonus. The breakfast was excellent and tremendous value - quality ingredients, well cooked and amply provisioned. Good choice of teas too. Thank goodness for the earl grey for my fussy teenage son and even a choice of marmalades. We only had one dinner during our stay but it was delicious and again really excellent value. My pate followed by chicken in blueberry sauce was delicious. The children reported that the puddings were really good too and my husband enjoyed the trio of welsh cheeses. Can't understand the negative comments I've read here. We had wine and other drinks whilst there and all were very good, enjoyable and again (sorry to bang on) excellent value for money, especially the prosecco.

Room Tip: Room 9 has a fab view. Book this room if you have teenage kids and want to book separate rooms that...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My daughter and son in law held their wedding here recently ~
Our experience of this hotel was brilliant. They endeavoured to tailor their service to make all their dreams of their wedding day come true... down to the detail of accommodating their parrot in the room which overlooked the ceremony....
they also catered specifically for very detailed dietary requirements of myself and some of the guests ....
All the staff were helpful and my daughter and her husband had a wonderful wedding day.....
thanks
from a very grateful
mother of the bride

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

very nice place, clean and tidy grounds. Don't expect to get a tidy drink they are very, very weak even if they do manage to give you the spirit you ask for in the glass at all, quite a few times this happened so just ended up having just coke. They charge you different prices for the same drinks and then on top of that they short change you (REMEMBER THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF THE MONEY YOU PAY THE BAR WITH) £3.50 for a pint of coke which ended up to £5 when ordering 3 other drinks (of which we knew the prices before hand). Was not impressed to see staff member searching through this couples baby changing bag to see if they brought alcohol in, that was shameful the bride was disgusted. One staff member was standing behind a quest as he was unloading his things to stay the night to see what he was taking in, he had a bottle of wine to give the couple and it was confiscated until 12.30. What really annoyed me was one of the waitresses/bar girl was hitting on my partner making flirty eyes and couldn't take her eyes off my partner all night, she must have thought he was single because he was on the top table at the reception. But even with me standing there it was blatant. Definitely not worth the money we paid to stay there, breakfast was not the best, sausage not really cooked, 2 floppy bacon, half a mushroom, and one hard hash brown, the egg was sloppy. Orangery looks twice the size in the photos and extremely hot and has not been dusted for a really long time.

Room Tip: would go to another wedding but wouldn't stay there and would make sure you take the last 4 digi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TeriyakiGirl
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been to 3 wedding receptions at Broadway. The first the food and service was excellent, however, at the most recent we found the food quite frankly barely adequate. In fairness the salmon was very nice, but the beef was over cooked and dry, al dente was taken to the limit with the veg, with older guests complaining of not being able to chew. In the evening I was charged double the price for 2 black current drinks for children, 35p on every occasion, then, as the evening wore on, 70p! I did question this but was answered by a shrug! Not worth mentioning? What was happening on the rounds costing over £30? Staff issue or policy?

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mrfolder, Manager at Broadway Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Hi Wendy, I am so sorry the last wedding you came to at Broadway Country House didn't live up to previous expectations. The Beef is sourced locally and normally it is of great quality. I am sorry the vegetables were under cooked for you we do serve our vegetables slightly al dente so they don't lose the colour or taste . If something had of been said to a member of my staff at the time maybe an alternative could have been provided.
A half glass of squash is normally 70p we are looking at the possibility of supplying fruit shoots as this has become a request. I am sorry there wasn't any consistency at the bar (a couple of our staff over this weekend were new) and I am addressing the issue. With regards to the round over £30.00 it really depends on what you ordered. If you wish for me to check this then please email me directly on enquiries@broadwaycountryhouse.co.uk. Thank you for taking the time to write this as without feedback nothing can be done. Kind Regards Sian
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Broadway last Sunday Night, and what a fabulous hotel. Firstly the location could not be better, perfectly placed for the small town of Laugharne, just minutes away from the main street (& hotel Browns, so glad THEY were full now.) The setting at the Broadway is just perfect and the greeting from Richard, and the other staff was second to none, nothing was too much trouble, had lunch at The Coran, (already booked) so missed out eating lunch at the Broadway, but seeing the carvery being brought out minutes before leaving for the coran I must say looked fresh and delicious - However did enjoy a wonderful breakfast, all freshly prepared (& not warmed-up as is the case in a lot of hotels these days) and all served with a most pleasant greeting and smile. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay, hospitality, & views. This is one cracking hotel, Room 7 just perfect, looking forward to Seeing You Again Soon.

Room Tip: Room 7 is fab as it has patio doors opening onto benches to relax, take in a cheeky glass of somethi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We received a lovely welcome when we walked into the hotel and were shown into the dining room. Jo and Lauren were there to take our orders. Very good menu and excellent choices. The main course is a Carvery but if I remember correctly I think there were other options. The food was very good indeed; the carvery excellent with a fantastic array of vegetables. I think the chef who served us was called Rich or Rick. Our time there was spent in a very relaxed atmosphere and nothing was too much trouble for them. Well worth the visit and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We went only for lunch and saw no rooms, but if the rooms are to the standard of the public areas of...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Newtown, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in September, The location is lovely but felt £95 for the tiny room was a little excessive. The wedding was done lovely and everyone was very friendly at the hotel. The owners daughter is a star and nothing was too much trouble. We did have a small indecent when the patio doors were open to our room a black Pug dog dressed in a little suit ( no joking ) came charging in jumping over the bed and my 4 month old son lying on the bed. I went outside and spoke to the owner of the dog, I did not get an apology only to be told it does not bite. That did spoil our stay a little but the wedding was fantastic.

Room Tip: The far rooms, 9 + 10 can not revive wifi
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laugharne
Mansion House Llansteffan
#1 of 18 in Laugharne
No photo provided
The Carpenters Arms
#7 of 18 in Laugharne

Been to Broadway Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!