“Brilliant”

Ranked #5 of 6 Llanbrynmair B&B and Inns
Cumbria
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We were made to feel very welcome even on the day that we were soaking wet walking Glyndwr's Way.Karen and Bernie couldn't do enough for us including taking us to various places along the route. It is a comfortable homely place to stay, we would definitely stay there again. Sue & Dave P

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Not really correct that statement as if home was as as good as my stay here then I would never leave the house!
I was in the area for a Mountain Bike course and just stayed for the one night and I only wished I could have stayed for longer!
Its in a lovely area, the room was really cosy and clean, the hosts were really welcoming and I was on my own I was invited to eat breakfast in the kitchen with them ... and what a corker of a breakfast including home made jam!
A lovely stay in a lovely home ... get booked in!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Neath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

We could only spend one night in this wonderful B&B.We had a very warm welcome from Karen and a very welcome cup of tea.The accommodation was spotless and the bathroom spacious.Note the fabulous large towels!it was good to sleep in a king-size bed.Breakfast was brilliant - a home-cooked Welsh breakfast with locally sourced produce.Karen's homemade blackberry jam is to die for!We had a wonderful stay and have every intention of staying in this beautiful part of Wales again.

Room Tip: Both the twin and kingsize rooms are more than adequate.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Karen and Bernie made us very welcome and the local area is beautiful. Comfortable bedrooms with a fantastic breakfast. Stunning views and peaceful atmosphere. We opted in for a cooked evening meal which was excellent and sandwiches of our choice were made up for us on both days of our stay. We would have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here before and after a 24 hour mountain bike race (the Bear Bones 200).

I cannot recommend The Old School House enough. I was welcomed like an old friend, and the customer service throughout my stay was beyond brilliant.

The breakfast was something to behold, and is apparently quite famous in the area. Quality ingredients, and huge, it kept me fuelled for many hours cycling.

I was also lucky enough to have an evening meal at The Old School House. A delightful roast, with an amazing Rhubarb Crumble, a complimentary beer or two, and a wonderfully friendly atmosphere. Exactly what I needed after 24hours of cycling through the Welsh hills in October.

Not only do I intend to stay here again for the 2013 race, I intend to treat my family to a few days in the hills with the Old School House as a base.

Amazing value, peaceful, friendly, can't recommend enough!

10/10.

• Stayed October 2012
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

The Old School House is a comfortable and welcoming B&B in stunningly beautiful and peaceful surroundings. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners, who coped cheerfully with our awkward dietary requirements, providing a tasty vegetarian evening meal and superb breakfast. It was a shame that we couldn't have stayed longer - perhaps another time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Neath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Unfortunately we were unable to stay more than two nights in this little gem in one of the most beautiful parts of Wales.The welcome, hospitality and delicious food were second to none.Karen and Bernie were exceptional hosts giving over and above what would be expected of them.
Comfort,the outstanding outlook from the conservatory were both relaxing and breathtaking.If you are looking for perfection, this is second to none.We shall return sooner rather than later!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanbrynmair
Maesmawr Hall Hotel
#2 of 6 in Llanbrynmair
Penrhos Arms
Penrhos Arms
#6 of 13 in Machynlleth

Been to The Old School House? Share your experiences!