“Cornish Bellringing group on tour”
Review of Cain Valley Hotel

Cain Valley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanfyllin
St. Austell
“Cornish Bellringing group on tour”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Our group the 'Klegh Lowen Bellringers' stayed for four nights Bed, Breakfast & Evening meal, 5th to 9th September. Our hosts Mark and Linda were very welcoming and friendly, as all the staff as well. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a nice atmosphere in the hotel throughout. The meals are excellent and served very quickly. Every one in our group of 20 thoroughly enjoyed our stay.This was our 11th bellringing tour to different parts of the Country and was the first time I have had NO complaints about anything. Congratulations Mark and Linda, you are doing a fine job

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jimlevett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My wife and I stayed for three nights and really enjoyed ourselves, the food was very good and plenty of it, the accomodation was quite nice and in keeping with the charactor of the hotel, comfortable beds and clean towels each day. The staff were very polite and jolly and did everything to make you feel at home, I recommend the Cain Hotel to anyone contemplating a short stay in that part of Wales. The Hotel parking at the rear presented no problems, the local people were very friendly.

JP Southport, Lancashire

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Johnrav
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We were staying at Hafan Heulog (excellent local B and B less than 10 Minutes walk away) but we had meals at the Cain Valley Hotel every evening Monday to Friday. The menu provided a good choice (even for me with an allergy to gluten), the quality could not be faulted and the prices were reasonable. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Would certainly use the Cain Valley Hotel for evening meals if we were in the area again.
Michael, Anne & Simon, Leeds.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LS14Scarcroft
Bucklebury
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed on a 3 night bed,breakfast and dinner offer. Although hotel serves also as a "local" pub, we had no problems with noise and getting to sleep. Hotel is an old property, Decor/facilities of bedroom commensurate - only real criticism (minor) was that lighting at dressing table could have been better, but bathroom lighting and mirror were fine. Bedroom was clean, spacious and comfortable. We slept well. Bathroom (ensuite, WC, handbasin, good sized bath with shower attachment) very clean and bright; nice soap, shower gel, bubble bath etc. provided. Breakfast plentiful and tasty; good choice. Dinner: again good choice for all courses; vegetarian and fish options; all very nicely prepared/cooked; delicious meals; although spoiled for choice, I had one of the starters and one of the desserts twice they were so good. My wife liked the Mediterranean risotto with salad and garlic ciabatta so much on the first night that she chose it the following two nights as well! Very good coffee at breakfast and dinner.
Staff were all friendly, helpful and polite.
Overall, excellent value for money. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends. We hope to have the opportunity to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hofnjeny
London, England
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I am a tour guide and have stayed in more hotels than I care to remember.I recently stayed here for a few days break with my wife.I was almost put off by the two bad reviews-do not believe a word of them.Do be believe that this may be the best value three day break in Britain(if you know a better please let me know)and do try the most amazing value claret with your great dinner.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BRAZILLONDON
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Stayed in May 2011, young family. Very pleasant staff, building is 17th century and no wall is on the same angle but that gives it it's warm charm. Good value and felt welcome.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank EdH443
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Mark checked us in quickly,informed of meal times,though it`s also on the card given.My travel bag was carried for me,we were shown to our room.
Fan heater in room as well as the radiator,which heats the room up very quickly.
You wont get a mobile signal in the hotel,as there wasn`t a telephone in the room,Mark let me make a FREE phone call to my friend who lives locally,she was going to collect me to go out after I let her know I`d arrived.Mark also offered to drive me to my friends if I couldn`t get through to her!
Stayed for Breakfast & Dinner,which were plentiful,could only manage the starter on Sunday night,it was more like a main meal!
Staff & locals friendly/helpful. Spar shop & HSBC bank directly opposite the hotel.
Shampoo/conditioner,bubble bath & soap provided.Beds made up daily.
Tea/coffee,milk,sugar replenished daily.
Ideal central base to visit the surrounding atractions,Betws-Y-Coed a must including the Swallow Falls,good walks in Snowdonia National Park.
A very pleasant Bank Holiday weekend,would return.

Room Tip: Room over-looking the hotel yard was very quiet.