All reviews warm welcome lovely garden home from home diane jams breakfast
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Rhyd Hir is a hidden treasure. Tucked away down a farm track, away from the worries of everyday life, as soon as you step in you feel at home. It is a beautiful house, and my room was lovely. Spacious and tastefully decorated and comfortable. The bathroom is spotless and with lovely toiletries.

David is a mine of information about the area and where to go and eat in the evenings. The breakfast is divine, with local produce (bacon and sausages from the local butchers, eggs from the local farms) not to mention the bread Diane makes (including grinding her own flour) and homemade jam & marmalade (which you can buy along with chutney - which I did!)

It is well placed for visiting all sorts of locations, such as Lake Vyrnwy, Bala, Snowdonia, Shrewsbury, Powis Castle, Chirk Castle...

I had a wonderful stay and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are two rooms available - both are wonderful!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Exceptional B&B. Stayed a couple of nights with a friend. The rooms were spotless, large and with good linen. I don't think I have ever slept so well when away from home - there's just no noise except the odd owl.

Diane and David were very welcoming and in fact invited us out for dinner with the Fron Choir which was a stunning evening and clearly David's passion. Breakfast was perfect and we were treated to wine and a chat in the garden in the evening. Can't fault it really.

Do note there are no TVs or Radios in this property - which to my mind is great and adds to the tranquil atmosphere. David ensures there is a good WiFi connection so if you were desperate to watch something I suggest you download onto a tablet before you go - but really there's no need - just enjoy the quiet. I like Radio 4 and was able to listen to that on my phone using the WiFi in the mornings.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Dafydd_G, Owner at Rhyd Hir B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you so much for the review. David and I really enjoyed looking after both of you, and look forward to seeing you again some time in the future. As for radio and television, both rooms are equipped with digital clocks with inbuilt FM radios and if anyone wishes to watch TV we are happy to set up a computer and screen in either bedrooms or in the conservatory to enable guests to watch live or catch-up TV. Having said that, the majority of guests prefer to be away from the TV; our WiFi service is free and unlimited and we also provide guests with free telephone calls to the UK and 64 other countries - Diane Griffiths

Reviewed 15 December 2015

David and Diane made us very welcome. Beautifully restored house with a very comfortable double bedroom with the biggest bed I have ever seen! Very clean room and bathroom, excellent facilities and generous breakfast and David is a diamond mine of local information. Highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2015

I spent 4 nights at Rhyd Hir, which is a fantastic B&B, hidden among the Wales hills. Diane and David could not have been better hosts. Diane's breakfast were among the best I had in Wales (and UK for 20 years). David's advises on the best things to see and to do in the region were really valuable. In 3 days, I couldn't follow all of them and will certainly be back. The room with the en suite bathroom was spacious and in my opinion deserves more than 5 stars, like the B&B itself. Such a peaceful spot! Even my Bonnie was welcome and safely parked under the room window. Thank you and congrats to both of you for having created such a high level B&B with a real "feel at home" atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Phill W
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We spent a couple of nights at Rhyd Hir and enjoyed it very much. We found the owners to be friendly, our room large and spotlessly clean with lovely en suite shower room, and were given beautifully cooked breakfasts. No television (thank goodness) and as a 'townie' it felt to me as though we were in the middle of nowhere. It was certainly peaceful. I can recommend Rhyd Hir if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple