“What a gem!”
Review of The Cammarch Hotel

The Cammarch Hotel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for three nights in this lovely hotel - super duper beds - everything clean and tidy - great food and nice and quiet. Situated in a stunning location with some great walks from the village. Katherine and Alan were very accommodating re - breakfast times and made us feel as though nothing was too much trouble - all in all a very pleasant trip and would really recommend you try them out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pamandbella

Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a delightful hotel, its very clean and tidy, tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. The gardens and decking area are well maintained. In the evening there is a bar where the locals meet up for a beer they make you feel so welcome. Kathryn and Alan the proprietors cant do enough help for you and wait till you try the breakfast its fault less.

Room Tip: they all look good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I'm wanting to write this review because I've never felt so at home when not at home. The staff at the Cammarch hotel were excellent. I couldn't of asked for a friendlier service. My business has very unsociable hours which meant a very uneven eating pattern. But that wasn't a problem for them at all. I never went to sleep on an empty stomach. All the locals make you feel so welcome and I can't wait till I return hopefully this year.....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay F
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights over Easter and had a lovely break. Much of the interior is newly decorated following the fire and all looks good and is comfortable, with all the facilities you need including a comfortable, sunny conservatory lounge. The gardens at the back stretch down to the river and have some unusual occupants - a peahen & a couple of goats. There is also a lovely nearby river walk.

Kathryn, Alan and their staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent - good cooked food and lovely fresh fruit salad. In the evening, dinner is good value and beautifully presented; while the bar is a lively local hub.

From the village you can quickly get to some lovely routes across nearby moors to the north and south; and explore Carmarthenshire and north to the coast.

We would happily go back if we were looking to stay in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the lovely garden, while the front overlooks the church and graveyard. Ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Despite having had a serious fire and a lot of water damage and not being able to get hold of us to let us know what had happened, Alan and Kathryn went out of their way to make us comfortable.
We had a lovely room with a king sized bed, excellent food in super surroundings. Can't wait to go back when it is completely up and running again.
A hotel not to be missed.

Michael and Megan - Eastleigh Hants.

Room Tip: If like Megan climbing stairs is difficult remember the accommodation is spread over four floors wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recently went to visit my aunt who lives practically a stone’s throw from this wonderful hotel and when she told me that this place was the favorite among the locals I could see why. Although they were having a bit of a remodel due to a small fire the hotel was still extremely welcoming and comfortable! The public areas were bright and beautiful and our room was very comfortable and surprisingly large compared to some others we had stayed in in the UK. We also enjoyed a fabulous dinner with delicious appetizers and entrees served in an elegant fashion. Kathryn and Alan were delightful and charming hosts and I truly felt very at home there. I definitely hope to visit again and would not consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here to complete two sections of the Wye Valley walk and it is well placed for the sections from Hay on Wye the end with a mix of car and public transport. Aside from the quality of the place the welcome of the owners and their willingness to go the extra mile is outstanding. They went out of their way to meet my dietary needs and were more than willing to pick me up at the end of the day from a long walk if by any chance I missed the bus back to my car. The location is a delight, the food good and the company excellent. Go out of your way to find an excuse to stay there

Room Tip: Wireless reception is better the closer you get to the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Been to The Cammarch Hotel? Share your experiences!