This is a great hotel if you want peace, calmness and quality. Beautifully appointed, stunning grounds and walks a-plenty..... or sofas equally plentiful if you just fancy curling up with a book with the only noise being the grandfather clock ticking in the lounge.
Very best of all is that there is no piped music......not anywhere. Sheer bliss. Rooms are great, food excellent and it was lovely to compliment the chef who said thanks and immediately praised his team. A rare chef these days who not only cooks well but who can also lead and develop a team and be understated about it all. How refreshing is that?!
This is a place to go if you like quality without pretence. Attention to detail is excellent and housekeeping is of the 'good fairy' variety.....we saw no-one but our room was miraculously cleaned every day to a high standard. What a nice change not to be tripping over vacuum leads and negotiating cleaning trolleys.
The place has an appearance of ticking along like a well regulated clock. That only ever happens as a result of hard work, good organisation and meticulous attention to service. It is a credit to the owner (whom we met and who was involved, interested and friendly) and the excellent team of staff working there.
The spa was a delight and if Lisa does your massage you're in for a treat.
Without doubt we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake Country House Hotel is a 4 star hotel set in the Heart of Mid Wales and is the perfect destination for a luxury hotel break or romantic getaway. The Spa offers a range of Heath and Beauty treatments and is equipped with and indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi overlooking the lake. Game Fishing and golf are available on site and there is a good range of other golf courses in the area. Horse riding, the Elan Valley and of course the Brecon Beacons are all near by.An air of elegance and calm informality pervades this exquisitely furnished Welsh country house hotel. Standing serenely in its own fifty acres of parkland, with sweeping lawns, rhododendron lined pathways and riverside walks, this magnificent mid wales hotel is comfort epitomised.The country house itself is an architectural bagatelle, begun in 1840 and remodeled in 1900. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lake Country House & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake Country House And Spa
- The Lake Country House Hotel Llangammarch Wells
- The Lake Country Hotel
- Lake Country Hotel
- The Lake Country House & Spa Llangammarch Wells, Wales - Powys