The Cammarch Hotel(Llangammarch Wells)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$115
Orbitz.com
Ty Carreg(Llanwrtyd Wells)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$98
Belle Vue Hotel(Llanwrtyd Wells)
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$92
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$190
Cedars Guest House(Builth Wells)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$79
Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
US$130
Metropole Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$165
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$98
  • Restaurant
Llangoed Hall(Llyswen)
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$209
US$191
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main househot tubbeautiful groundsafternoon teaevening meallovely suiteswimming poolsmall gymsecret escapespar golf courseupgraded to a suiteseparate buildingrelaxing breakwine listlounge areahotel groundswonderful hotel
Reviewed 25 October 2013

What a lovely place. From the moment you arrive you know it will be just perfect. We had a fantastic suite; really comfortable, super soft towels/ robes, lovely bed, amazing toiletries and clean. The staff were super, very welcoming and helpful. We had an amazing diner; our pre-diner drinks were served in a beautiful old world lounge, canapés were delightful. The whole dining experience was totally on par. Cannot believe how good it was - the desert was best we have had.

Great nights sleep. The welsh breakfast was the icing on the cake.

In short - just stay here, eat drink and sleep, it is lovely.

Room Tip: Chose a suite in the main house.
1  Thank Wilmcotewanderer
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went for my birthday treat again this year and it was like going home. The welcome we got was fabulous’ and the head reception Laura even remembered me! Last time was for the girls this time was for my husband, as I kept on about how great it was.
Our room AMAZING! A large bed room with lovely view over the back garden, very comfortable bed, bath room with bath, separate shower etc. with enough room to have a breakfast area in the corner of the bed room.
The food was superb even better than last time, loved the chocolate fondant and the lamb and the duck yummy. The dress code for the evening just gives the dinning experience that little bit more.
The breakfast was very good with a good choice of hot and cold food.
The grounds well maintained and the spa a must have treat.
The hotel has a real character, the stairs creak and the carpet has a little wear but that’s how it should be its welcoming and inviting and so very clean!
You feel like if you don’t want to do anything you don’t have to if you do you can and all with butler service.
We can’t wait to go back and will!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mrhoward66, Guest Relations at The Lake Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to return to stay with us. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here and that our team were able to provide such a warm welcome. It sounds as though you perfectly understand what the Lake Country House is all about – relaxation, great food and beautiful surroundings. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was compelled to write a review due to the mixed feelings about this hotel. Lake Country House allude to a fairly 'select' experience but we certainly did not experience the great reviews some other guests have given this hotel. I don't believe it's worth the £160 + per night B&B rates. Lovely grounds and location, beautiful Victorian house, a bit thread bare, creaky and dated in places but charming none the less! Lovely Spa too, and in particular had an exceptional therapy from a very nice and skilled beauty therapist. Hotel Staff very sweet, helpful and friendly but the hotel should consider providing their staff with decent uniforms. There is a sense that this place is trying to be something it isn't ... For example, the bedroom and ensuite weren't up to the standard I would expect from the prices charged; no safe, no mini bar, dated bathroom and terrible non existent shower pressure.. Apparently, there was a 'turn down service' but there was no notification in the room that this was happening. The bathrobes provided were past their sell by date. Dinner was not the fine dining experience we were led to believe it would be. Service was chaotic, wrong meal, wrong drinks! My partner was served meat rather than the fish ordered, this was taken away by a confused and hesitant waiter who left my course on the side of the table... This was picked up by an observant waitress but clearly my course was left under a food warmer while my partner's meal was prepared. When the food was served, my course of Risotto looked worse for wear; the garnish had wilted and leaked its colour and the Risotto was over done and sat in a pool of oil ... Not the Al dente I had expected from a fine dining experience. We did not complain further as we had already waited for the kitchen to get our order right. A meal on another night was far too over seasoned, I would say it was dangerously salty. At this point, I could not be bothered to complain. Breakfast was made to order but the ingredients aren't the best, they should replace with local award winning produce, many hotels do this and the idea works. A selection of country breads should replace the pre sliced tasteless packaged variety. Cooked breakfast was greasy (so unnecessary), the vegetarian sausages the worst I have ever tasted and very poor/sparse healthy options. This hotel would do well to make use of the wonderful extension dining room and cater for breakfast with a hot buffet service in situ with eggs cooked freshly to order rather than the plastic variety we were served. Unfortunately, exceptionally noisy and inconsiderate neighbours in a nearby room did not help the experience. To be fair this is not the fault of the hotel but be wary of thin walls in the main house. I believe in all, this experience would be greatly enhanced had the food been faultless which is what I would expect at the prices charged. I also believe a drinks bar would transform the service of this hotel.

1  Thank JW387
Mrhoward66, Guest Relations at The Lake Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent visit. I’m glad to hear that you found the grounds lovely, the house charming and your treatment in the spa exceptional. I’m sorry to hear there were other aspects of your stay which did not quite meet your expectations. We choose not to have a bar as we like to maintain the feel of a country home; something many of our guests take delight in. We’d like to apologise for the service you received during dinner. This was not up to our normally high standard but I am glad to hear other members of the team were able to spot problems and step in to help. In regards to breakfast, all our food is freshly prepared and supplied by excellent local producers. Our high quality eggs are free range and are always cooked fresh to order. We will certainly take a look at what other options are available for our vegetarian sausages. Let us assure you of our very best intentions at all times and wish you all the best for the remainder of 2013.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

There is not a lot to add to what has already been said. We stayed 2 nights on an excellent deal through Travelzoo and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The hotel is beautifully sited in the country and was once a Victorian Hunting Lodge. Public spaces and the Dining Room are really quite special and set the tone for a great stay. The spa and pool is located in a separate building well away from the main lodge. The facilities are excellent.
We stayed in a suite in the newer building. Massive room with separate lounge, big bathroom and large, comfortable KS bed - all first rate.
Meals were also excellent and were attractively presented. Good menu and wine list. Great staff.
Hard to find a fault and definitely a place to go back to, especially if another TZ offer comes up which in our case made our stay here an exceptionally good value for money proposition.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our recent stay was fantastic. We went as a couple and stayed in one of the lodges. On arrival the staff were excellent and very attentive. The hotel was very impressive, it felt very much like a country house and although quite large had a very intimate feeling. The spa facilities very very good and looked very well maintained. The dinner and breakfast were lovely, it was so wonderfully civilised. The waiting staff were very friendly and helpful. A very good stay overall and we are already planning our next trip back.