“Fabulous!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ceiros Cottage

The living room in Ceiros Cottage
Dining table
View from the sink !
The bathroom
The stand alone shower in the bathroom.
Double room
Double room
Twin room
Seating area in the garden
The garden
From the distance
The house from the Epynt mountain
The cottage
Sheep on the hill in the snow
The Epynt mountain
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Charlotte...
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 25 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Love the cottage, love the area and owner made us feel very welcome. Great place to stay with beautiful views of the beacons a few minutes away. Lovely log fire for cosy evenings in and all the amenities you need in the cottage for a holiday stay. Elan Valley Trail was stunning and the back roads through Garth, Upper Chapel and Lower Chapel to the Brecon Beacons where amazing. Would definitely come back here, fabulous!

29 Aug 2017
Thanks for the lovely review Charlotte. You were all absolutely great guests ! All the best, Maggie
Passport4...
“perfect”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A perfect place in the middle of the nature.
Quiet, with sheeps around the cottage.
Departure of several walks.
The inhabitants of the villages are very nice.

18 Jul 2017
Thanks for your lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your stay in the heart of Wales.
Sascha G
Wirral
“Could not find better value for money!”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I booked this Llangammarch Wells property a couple of weeks before my stay for a week in February and paid in full. The owner was excellent at replying to messages and the reviews looked good so I was looking forward to a long overdue break.

On arrival (I got lost but that wasn’t the fault of the directions given- for some reason I decided to go left at the post office and not right and my satnav was not co-operating!) the place was clearly worth the very reasonable hiring rates. It was nice to see ecological products provided in the kitchen and bathroom and plenty of high quality, thick towels. It was smaller than the photos suggested but no issues on presentation at all. Very clean throughout and thoughtfully/ simply/ tastefully arranged. Because of my late arrival a pre lit fire in the woodburner was most appreciated! There is central heating, and generous heating settings by the owners, but it was barely needed as the woodburner heated the whole cottage very well.

The garden was good for my two dogs and the views are fab but two small peeves- there is no direct access to the garden from the cottage (you have to go back out of the front door/only entrance, round the side and through a gate, no fun in the middle of the night in the rain when you have two dogs who you have to put on leads- you’re right on the road (quiet though it is) with no drive gates- and who need the loo!) and it was described as enclosed but it isn’t- there’s no gate by the (well stocked, all the wood is free to visitors) woodshed from where you can get your logs and my puppy would have been out of that in a flash so had to keep her on the lead for the entire time we were here once I realised this. In fact she made a break for it three times, which was a little stressful. My older dog was fine, but she’s super obedient and has road sense! Knowing this before I came would have helped and from the pictures it did look like you could get straight into the garden.

The bedrooms are Spartan and not overcluttered with trinkets or cheesy art, which I liked. The bed was extremely comfortable (though a little short- I’m 6 foot and found my feet hanging off the end by morning) and the linens and the duvet of a supreme standard; the pillows especially were top notch. I was not cold once! And in the other room (set up as a twin) there was plenty of storage space in built-in cupboards/ wardrobes- a perfect room for kids. In fact the whole house was simply decorated which suited the cottage well. I had an excellent night’s sleep every night and the bedside lamps were spot on for reading.

There are plenty of books (surprisingly eclectic), games, DVDs, leaflets on what to do and see in the area and so on and a comprehensive folder of cottage guidelines and operating instructions for the appliances. The woodburner was easy to light though without instructions; there weren’t enough firelighters (or newspaper/kindling) for a week but I’d brought my own firelighters and more are easily and cheaply purchasable at the post office-cum-corner shop two minutes away.

In the kitchen there are high quality and clean appliances throughout- from spoons to glasses to pans to the oven, and the filter-kettle is great: I want one! The water is clear and with no taste, just as proper water should be. The water pressure was great (unusual in rural hires.) Could have maybe done with an actual freezer but there was a good sized fridge. Good to see a washing machine, dishwasher, clothes horse and iron/ironing board provided as standard. The rubbish/recycling was clearly explained before I arrived and was in the guidelines folder. As very much an eco-friendly person, this was important to me. The kitchen bin is massive (great for a family staying) and there was a good-sized bin for card/paper/bottles too. Food (not meat) and ashes went in the compost in the garden, which was gratifying to see. The kitchen and bathroom were both amply sized and both had nice and simple blue/teal colour schemes, which were calm but not cold. The shower was excellent.

The lounge was very cosy. The sofa is high quality as is the TV/DVD player, with plenty of channels on the freesat. And having proper wood floors (no laminate here thank you!) made it easy to wipe up dog paw prints. I did keep dog towels down that I’d brought but they kept getting stuck under the door! There was a dustpan and vacuum cleaner but no mop I could find, though I’m sure the owners would have provided one.

There were walks from the door (if you go up the hill there’s a great public footpath about 5 minutes up on the right which takes you on a low key walk across the fields, perfect for those who can’t walk miles and who bring dogs and indeed people of all ages) and the no through road the cottage was on was pretty much quiet and deserted for the week. Parking space is described as for two cars but there was only space for me that week (the one closest to the cottage was considerately left clear), I imagine they’d move one of their vehicles if you hired the place and needed two spaces as they were very friendly hosts but not in your face- and queries were answered fast too! I tended to text as I did not want to bother them by knocking on their door. There are more demanding walks for hikers and so on, again from the door, or from the village, and are described in some depth in the folder. The views on such walks are superb and I took many photos!

Phone reception is surprisingly good though better outside, and the wifi excellent- fast and only disconnected once, but was solved fast by the owners. Apart from on the day you leave, you’d not really need to know the time, but if you are the type to need a clock, take one with you as there are none there, apart from on the microwave that you programme for use (instructions in the folder.) In fact they kindly left my leave time open, which I greatly appreciated.

Though I’d booked the place as a get away to write, work and dog walk, and had not planned many excursions out and about, its location made it perfect for such things, no matter what part of Wales you wanted to go to. Even places in the marches like Leominster and Ludlow were not too far away. I came down from the north of England and noted many places of interest along the way. It was a part of Wales that was new to me (I’d gone through but never stayed) and it did not disappoint. If you prefer eco-friendly and local produce rather than supermarkets, I advise you to stop at Ludlow farm shop if you’re coming from that way first. I stopped at my usual Hawarden Farm Estate Shop as I was coming from the north. There was a Co-op within easy driving distance though, handily combined with a petrol station, and a Tesco and Aldi a little further afield.

The cottage actually adjoins the owners’ home and there’s a (locked) connecting door but it wasn’t a problem.

I am still staggered at the excellent value for money of the place, a real hidden gem, and I am sure the small niggle I had about safe/direct access to the garden would not be an issue to many visitors. Overall I was very pleased with the cottage and would not hesitate to book again if the small area in front of the cottage porch was fenced/gated for extra security for dogs as tbh that was the only issue for me of the entire stay. I was in no hurry to leave at all, and highly recommend this property as it’s one of the best I have stayed in in over 20 years of self-catering in Wales.

27 Feb 2017
Many thanks Siobhan for taking such time and care to write such a lovely and detailed review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, you were a great guest and your dogs were lovely.
I just want to quickly clarify a couple of the points your raised for the benefit of future guests. Regarding parking , there is ample space for guests and we have often had 3 guest cars park on the drive in addition to our cars - the drive can fit 7 cars comfortably - it really is a large drive ! The cottage is set back, separated from the road by the drive. The garden isn't usually enclosed and so isn't described as such, but we have a removable gate that we are happy to put in place and have done for guests with dogs, just ask. All our beds are standard sizes, there is a freezer compartment in the fridge, and the woodburner instructions are always kept in the information folder.
Thanks again Siobhan for your review, I do appreciate the time you spent on it and you'd be welcome back any time. Mx
Steve Y
“Weekend away”
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

This cottage had everything you need it's a lovely place to stay and the owners are lovely , also very helpfully on arrival the log burner was roaring and was as warm as our welcome only down side was we could only stay for 2 nights

18 Feb 2017
Hi Steve and Natalie and thank you so much for your lovely review. So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you both went home refreshed !
Williew28...
“So peacfull”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Lovely little cottage great place for a base in mid wales so peacfull the owners go out off their way for you i would recommend this cottage nice location lovley garden to relax in.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
19 Aug 2016
Hi All and thanks for your lovely review. I hope your long journey north was a pleasant one. By the way, the boys forgot their football !!
JoolzMrsG
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 23 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

A great cottage with fantastic facilities! Definitely worth coming back. Owners really looked after us and the log fire blazzing when we arrived was something special!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The log fire
Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Nov 2015
Thanks for the lovely review guys. Hope you had a good journey home and hope to see you again some time :-)
JJPnl
Goes, The Netherlands
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 5 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We stayed 2 weeks in the cottage with our children and it was absolutely wonderful. The cottage is cosy, comfortable and has everything you could need. It was very clean and the beds were already made. Maggie is very friendly and did everything to help us.
We enjoyed the beautiful landscape and the many happy sheep! We would certainly recommend this cottage.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing