“Yummy home cooked food”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Llangorse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Delicious, home cooked food and friendly service. We were staying at Lakeside and came for dinner with friends and the kids. Great range of food and all our meals were really delicious. Everyone cleared their plates. Desserts were great too. We were made to feel really welcome by the landlord, our drinks were replaced without us having to go to the bar and we all had a great time. Very impressed with the toilets and fresh flowers everywhere. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank I4448WPemmaw

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I’d heard a lot about the delicious pies here, and I was not disappointed!
There were 3 or 4 vegetarian options (as well as some amazing sounding meat pies) which was really nice! The Brie and tomato pie I had was tasty and crispy, as a pie should be.
Service was fast and friendly, and I wouldn’t hesitate in coming back

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We dined here on a Saturday night, and it helped to make a reservation, because the place was packed. We'd just finished a long hike up and down one of the area hills, and so were both weary and ready for a meal. We were very pleasantly surprised by the restaurant's charm and the attentiveness of their servers.

I had a good meal from the specials board, a dish of roasted vegetables and chicken as a recall. But what was especially memorable was that my wife more than anything wanted a giant salad. Even though there was a side salad on the menu, there were none at the entrée level. But when my wife asked whether the restaurant would be willing to make a custom salad for her equal to about three house salads, the server not only accepted the request, but enthusiastically affirmed it, and then marched into the kitchen to communicate what my wife was looking for to the kitchen staff. A few minutes later our server came back with a beauty of a salad, one with a variety of vegetables, some nuts, some cheeses, etc. Rather than seeming like they'd just thrown something together to meet the minimum requirements of the customer, it seemed like they'd been thoughtful about making something that was outside their normal routine and that would be genuinely delicious. And it was.

I'll just add that I was surprised by how many interesting menu items were offered by a relatively small restaurant. This is a place we could come back to again and again if we stayed longer in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We have had many meals there and always amazing. Great friendly local....fantastic food...massive choice....great music and the owners are the main men!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

There were flies inside, so many we had to move table. The nuts behind the bar we're all in large jars with their lids off, and also a jar of dog treats on the bar. If it was this bad front of house how filthy will it be behind the bar? the food was overpriced and poor quality, the bar staff was foul mouthed, swearing to his locals in front of our 12 year old daughter, however the young lad waiting our table was a trooper.

Place is disgusting, had we not of had the kids with us and no time to go anywhere else we wouldn't of bothered

5  Thank Dave S