We felt as though we've been in another world at The Vyrnwy Hotel even though we were only 70 minutes from home! The mist hung over the lake the whole time we were there but somehow it just added to its romantic location. The staff are very welcoming and the room in the newer part was very large and thankfully warm. Likewise the bathroom which had both a double ended bath and a separate Matki shower cubicle. We had a countryside view and a small balcony with furniture on it though it was far too cold to go out on it. A bonus was the champagne and truffles on the first afternoon of the two day stay and that was followed by a five course meal which was very good. My husband was very pleased to find Stonehouse Station bitter on draught in both the hotel bar and the next door tavern. It's a very long way to go for real ale if you don't find it at the hotel! There is free WiFi all over the hotel and in all the rooms now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Llanwddyn, Wales, UK