“Needs some TLC”

Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llanwddyn
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I would love to make this an Excellent rating but because this hotel needs some t l c. I cant do that .however, I will say that the food is always delicious and fresh, the location is stunning, and the staff are friendly , helpful and pleasant. I notice that there is a special offer on to stay over at this hotel, would love to do that, but fear I would be disappointed with my room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Polly G
There are newer reviews for Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Attended a wedding this last weekend and stayed 2 nights in a Premier Lakeview Room. Firstly ALL the staff were exceptional, and not just those who looked after the wedding, but where the wedding was concerned nothing was too much trouble and they went to great lengths to sort some unusual last minute requests and were so accommodating. Our Premier Lakeview Room was very comfortable and decorated really tastefully, and as many reviewers have said to wake up to that view every morning was wonderful. We ate dinner in the main restaurant where the service as well as the food was of great quality and breakfast was equally good with great choice and freshly cooked. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you can afford it book the lake view rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bren145
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We are so lucky to live only about 20 minutes from Lake Vyrnwy so decided to go there for a drink today as the weather was so good.

It is such a shame as the place is in dire need of refurbishment. We sat on the balcony which has the most stunning views but it desperately needs a lick of paint and there were weeds everywhere - a job that would take an hour at the most. It just made the place look untidy and we were terribly disappointed. I went to the ladies and the ceiling is full of damp and it looks like it's about to collapse. Again, I'm sure something that could be rectified fairly easily.

The staff who were all young were lovely and polite so no issues there. I hate to say this but I wouldn't pay to stay here, even for a special occasion, as I think it's terribly over priced but I suppose you are paying for the view.

As we arrived we both commented on how it had become to look tired so I do hope the owners manage to get things tidied up as in my mind, it is in one of the best locations in the UK and I would hate it to fall into rack and ruin.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janice J
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a superior lake view room for our family of 4. The room was huge as was the balcony. We had a most comfortable super king size bed and 2 single beds. Waking each morning and seeing the lake from the bed was sensational. Room very clean and quiet. We had breakfast both mornings, once in the restaurant and once in our room as we had to leave very early. Breakfast isn't the best I've ever had and was a little tasteless. One area to improve- why do residents have to pay to use the spa? Having paid so much to stay, surely this should be included in the price!
Children loved the tennis court and we had a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ceramark
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just a brief visit for Sunday lunch with family. Set 3 course menu, we only had two. Wonderful views from the restaurant. Had always wanted to visit this hotel. Food was plentiful albeit the veg was a little under done for me. Good old fashioned waiter service. A lovely experience all round. Would go again and recommend.

Room Tip: Didn't stay so can't comment
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 612AmyD612
Reviewed 29 May 2014

An absolutely beautiful location looking down on Lake Vyrnwy. Although my room was rather small, the view and the staff were wonderful. The room was clean and the bed was so incredibly comfortable. We booked in the restaurant for an evening meal which was delicious and the dining room staff were friendly and unpretentious. We had a wonderful stay in the seclusion of the hotel.

Room Tip: It is worth the extra money to pay for a lake view room. Some tricky roads to get to the hotel so ch...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stay2
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful to wake up in a bed overlooking the lake. Good balcony with stunning views. Food was good to excellent - if you like to taste each course try the lighter option as a main; we were not disappointed.
No mobile coverage on Vodafone - patchy on O2.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a lakeside view. If you have a balcony in new part it's a long way fr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gwyn B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanwddyn
Pale Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Llanarmon DC
Cain Valley Hotel
Cain Valley Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanfyllin

Been to Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!