The hotel is in an idyllic and enviable location overlooking Lake Vyrnwy and is perfect for a quiet break. Level of service is on the whole very high from the waiting on staff to the friendly receptionists. We enjoyed our experience both nights in the restaurant being lucky enough to have a lake view window table watching the sunset. After a delightful goats cheese starter on the first evening I was disappointed that it wasn't on the menu again the following night. However I casually mentioned this to the waitress and she sorted it out with the chefs for me so I was able to enjoy it for a second time.
We paid a little extra for a lakeview room with a balcony which was advantageous as the weather was beautiful during our stay. My husband enjoyed every opportunity to get the perfect picture of the Lake! Although not a great deal to in the local area aside from nature walks we hired some bikes locally and did the 12 mile cycle around the lake. The road is very quiet with little traffic and flat for most of the way so was easily manageable.
I would definitely return if I wanted a few days of relaxation, good service and great food. I would try out some of the spa treatments next time too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Llanwddyn, Wales, UK