We stayed here for a couple of nights last month. This place is very remote, the best point of the hotel is definitely the views of the lake. Absolutely stunning!!
Food in the restaurant is excellent although I found it really strange that you could not book a table overlooking the lake as they said that would not be fair to other guests and it is first come, first served!! I also felt when being told this that I was the naughty pupil being scolded by a strict teacher.
Throughout the hotel I thought the décor needed some TLC and updating.
We paid extra to be upgraded to their best rooms which was above the Spa. I do not recommend these rooms as they are simply too hot. The first night, the balcony door was left open but I still could not sleep. The 2nd night we asked for a fan but this still was not sufficient to reduce the temperature. That said, the bed was large and very comfortable. In all fairness when I mentioned this to reception, the cost of the upgrade was removed. Surely it would be better to install some air-conditioning in these rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, this privately owned 4 star Victorian Country House Hotel & Spa is elegant, yet relaxed. Positioned on the fringe of Snowdonia within a 24,000 acre nature reserve, the hotel offers a unique and incomparable setting: hosting one of the most famous picturesque backdrops in Mid Wales. The hotel has 52 individually decorated bedrooms, 35 affording lake views and some with special features such as balconies and four posters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel Llanwddyn
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Lake Vyrnwy
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa Llanwddyn, Wales, UK