“Such class & elegance and that's just the start!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brigands Inn

Brigands Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Machynlleth B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Such class & elegance and that's just the start!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Even before you walk in you're welcomed by a charming you lad who was cutting the grass on a warm spring day.
The bar area was lovely and it looks like a lot of time and effort goes into this place.
We were checked in by the Assistant Manager, his name was Arwyn(I think or something rather Welsh) who took us up to Room 10. It was a lovely room, antique wardrobe and furnishings which fit in perfectly with the mood and the character of the building.
Some fresh milk and some homemade cookies were provided which were a nice touch.
We were lucky that the staff are local as Arwyn directed us on where we could go for a walk.
My girlfriend and I went walking for a good 2 hours and when we came back we ended up having a nice cold pint of Peroni and a glass of sparkling wine.
It was a busy night in the kitchen as it was half term and it was nice to see a place that busy, shows that it is a good place to eat.
I started with Scallops and my other half had warm bread and olives(the white bread was lovely)
I then had a sirloin steak, cooked to perfection, medium-rare, just how I like it. My girlfriend had the Seabass which was local but I can't remember where it was from and she said it's probably the best fish dish she has had in many many years.
I couldn't handle a pudding as I was too full but my other half had the Afogato, simple, clean but very effective.
The service was great, which was mainly by the young lad who we met while walking in, I think he said his name was Arnie or something along those lines. He was very polite.

We had an early night and had a lovely sleep(the beds are simply amazing, so comfortable and just spot on!!)

Breakfast was just as good as the meal the previous night! Poached eggs were just bang on!
We even had some Danish pastries!

Check out was again nice and simple, no rush to kick us out haha
The short girl who served our breakfast was smiling and made sure we had a lovely stay and that we did!
Looking forward to coming back again.

4 Thank Keith D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Belper, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed ay the Inn whilst on a tour of North Wales, the hotel is easily located and despite being next to a main road the Inn felt more like a Country retreat inside. The Inn has been tastefully decorated with many original features - fireplaces, exposed beams and the room we stayed in was beautifully decorated and furnished with very solid oak furniture. The staff were welcoming and the Inn is very clean and comfortable. The service we received in the restaurant was poor and we were left for a considerable time (nearly 45 mins) before our food order was taken, this poor service was repeated when we were left for half an hour before our main course plates were cleared away and again when the dessert order was eventually taken. This meant that our two course meal took nearly two and a half hours! The restaurant wasn't even very busy. However, the food quality was excellent, there isn't a children's menu but they are more than willing to provide half portions or cook child-friendly meals on request. We could not fault the excellent standard of evening meal and the breakfast was also excellent. We stayed in room 9 which had very poor light pollution and if you are used to dark sleeping conditions - beware. There was a tremendous amount of light from the curtains (I think possibly a flood light to illuminate the front of the Inn) the light seemed to be aimed at our window and light flooded in from the corridor around and under the room door.
All in all, the hotel was beautiful sadly partially let down by some poor service and light pollution.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 2wheelie
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

A wonderful blend of old and new in this refurbished inn. The service was friendly and efficient and the food excellent and well presented.
We only stopped for a meal in the evening but a stay in future is on the cards

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Storrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent a couple of nights here last week and were very pleased with everything about the hotel especially the service, the staff and the room.
The menu and the food was excellent, particularly the Sea Bass I had one evening. The breakfasts were also brilliant - I hadn't had laver bread since I was a child, so it was good to see it on the menu as part of the 'Full Welsh Breakfast'. I didn't see it on any other menu the whole of the time we were in Wales.
I would recommend a stay here to anyone

Room Tip: Room 8 was excellent, lovely big bed, and bathroom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I popped in for Sunday lunch hoping there was a table for us. The staff could not have been more helpful. Food was delicious, service was outstanding and we were given plenty of time to eat and chat. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our son who has coeliac disease and provided excellent gluten free food for him. We did not see the manager to thank her at the end of our meal. Croeso cynnes Cymreig a bwyd arbennig. Byddwn yn siwr o alw eto. Mil o ddiolch.

• Stayed May 2014
Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

A great one night stay. The staff, as always, really friendly. Jessica is just the most jolly of people! The room was. Lovely. Best of all was the food. One of the steaks wasn't great(meat not how it was cooked) But the chocolate pudding was probably the nicest pudding I have ever had. We had another brilliant stay at the Brigands.

• Stayed May 2014
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Brigands for three nights last weekend and we really enjoyed our stay. The service was excellent the staff just couldn't do enough for us and we had a wonderful meal on the Friday night. We stayed in room 8 and it was lovely. I would definitely recommend the Brigands it was home from home. Thank you Catrin and all the staff for making our stay so comfortable. We will be back. Diolch.

Sera Catrin J, Manager at Brigands Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Annwyl Nesta,

Diolch yn fawr iawn for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated, and so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm hoping that Mr Re will be treating you to a trip away in the very near future.

Cofion cynnes
Catrin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Machynlleth
Plas Dolguog Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dinas Mawddwy
Penrhos Arms
Penrhos Arms
#6 of 13 in Machynlleth

Been to Brigands Inn? Share your experiences!