“Excellent experience. Lovely staff and fresh tasty homemade cakes. Freshly cooked snacks and coffee. Great place very homely.”
Review of Cafi Glyndwr

Cafi Glyndwr
Price range: £6 - £10
Description: CAFE
Description: CAFE
Reviewed 23 October 2023 via mobile

Excellent snacks and homemade cakes. Lovely staff and homely experience. Great coffee. All freshly cooked. Clean and spacious environment

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 4 October 2023

Lovely home made soup
And Persian cake lovely
Hubby had tomatoes and paprika soap and Welsh cakes

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 21 August 2023 via mobile

Visited with family, during a trip to the local area. We opted for a light lunch which consisted of soup and bread. The soup was delicious, clearly home made .Served with a hearty cob

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 29 July 2023

In my first Cymraeg course, many of the students came from the Powys area and the surrounding areas. Caffi Alys (as it was known then) was famous for being both unapologetically Cymraeg-speaking and learner-friendly - I've heard many success stories of learners making their first ever food order here and getting over that language hurdle.

When I first was in the area in January for my exam, I was sad to hear Alys had closed as I'd been looking forward to making a detour to drop in. Now I'm in the area again, I found out Glyndwr is in its place, and I knew I wanted to visit!

It's not quite in the thick of the main high street, but not difficult to find - just next door to the Owain Glyndwr centre (naturally). The cafe itself is quite small but cheerful, colourfully decorated and clean, everyone was in good spirits and it was great to eat and take in the atmosphere while hearing Cymraeg all around. The menu is simple, wholesome food and the prices are very reasonable: I had a cheese sandwich with accompanying salad and crisps, a tea, and a Welsh cake (with butter) for around £9. Not bad at all.

If you're coming to Mach for similar reasons, or if you find yourself in the area, I can definitely recommend coming here for a fuel stop.

Date of visit: July 2023
Reviewed 22 July 2023

Warm and efficient welcome, simple but varied menu, wonderfully airy space. Unmistakably Welsh. All day breakfast was generous portions, as was the homemade vegetable soup. Didn't have any of the cakes but they looked deliciously homemade too.

Date of visit: July 2023