Glandyfi Castle
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Machynlleth
See available hotels
Plas Dolguog Hotel(Machynlleth)
  • Bar/Lounge
Trefeddian Hotel(Aberdovey)
View Hotel
All reviewsdovey estuarywedding venuecovered courtyardsconesafternoon teafresh flowersjacuzzi bathosprey roomdining hallwedding breakfastwonderful weddingspecial occasiongroup of friendsterrace overlookingperfect venuefriend's birthdayguests feel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Me and my Boyfriend stayed at the Glandyfi Castle over the weekend lately and that was an awesome experience, We stayed at the largest guest room Ospery, the room is incredibly beautiful everything in there is in a very high quality. The bathroom of the Opsery is spacious. The owner is very friendly and thoughtful, all the dinners and breakfast are made by her and they are surpassed my expectation, the steak is my favorite!
Me and Boyfriend enjoy it so much, it is really worth the visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessicayueli
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My visit to Glandyfi castle was in August 2013 as part of a business trip. The kestrel room was my room for the night. Just the trip up the drive starts this magical experience and then you arrive at the building. Wow! Firstly we were met by Maureen and asked which room we wanted, I was the junior member of our team and said I would take any room, but any of the rooms are worth a visit.
Firstly we went to the drawing room for coffee and a slice of cake, the fire was roaring and I instantly fell in love with this place.
Once taken to my room I was equally blown away, stunning with a stunning bathroom. This property is beautiful and has been restored to the very highest of standards. We also met Peter Maureen's husband, what a lovely couple. I have asked them both if I could live in the beautiful location, but adoption was turned down.
Dinner was in the panelled dinning room, the food was amazing, the service was amazing. The view from all rooms is also truly amazing .
The following morning I had the best breakfast ever even though I was still full from the evening before.
Peter then showed me and my colleagues around the property, including standing on one of the turrets to observe the view. Peter and Maureen are both very proud of this property and I am very proud to have stayed there, well done this property is amazing.
This is one place I will be revisiting with my wife for a special occasion, I will be back I promise.

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 18 August 2013

In addition to being a charming guest house in a beautiful location, the food we have been served here is the best we have had since arriving in England 3 weeks ago! We are on vacation from the states and cannot say enough nice things about the facility, the proprietors and the food!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Myself, family and friends stayed here on the weekend and fell in love with the place. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and at home in this wonderful castle in an amazing location.

The owners couldn't be more helpful and the kids loved the place. Food at both dinner and breakfast was perfectly cook and I can't recommend the lamb dinner more ! Sid the dog was very forgiving of the kids and my son was quite tearful having to leave.

Suitable for a family or a couple, its at the higher end of the budget but trust me its worth it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the tower rooms are just a bit more unusual.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

What a wonderful way to spend our Golden wedding celebration with the family. We were met with such a warm welcome from both Maureen and Peter. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We enjoyed the luxury of the four poster bed and of course the Jacuzzi that went with it. Who said Castles were cold not this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family