“A superb venue, delicious cuisine, homely atmosphere, it does not get any better than this”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glandyfi Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Machynlleth
Glandyfi Castle
Ranked #1 of 13 Machynlleth B&B and Inns
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Glandyfi Castle is a beautifully restored stately home with gorgeous sitting rooms and dinning rooms.

Equally stunning bedrooms have fabulous views of the estuary below and hills nearby. Lovely terraced gardens and terrace surrounded by woodland.

Maureen and Peter , the owners , are so welcoming. Their easy manner and personalities mean you quickly feel it is one's own home......even if it is only for the day !

The cuisine is delicious and the menu is extensive and interesting.

Service is superb .

We had our Civil Partnership reception at Glandyfi Castle and it was a most wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Each bedroom is different . All are beautiful . However they have been deliberately design to vary i...
1 Thank Richard F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We are just back from a wonderful holiday staying at Glandyfi Castle. The hotel is just beautiful and is set in a stunning location on a hillside overlooking the Dovey Estuary with more hills behind. The castle is immaculate and the luxury rooms are very tastefully decorated. Although this is a grand place to stay it also feels welcoming and homely. We only stayed for three nights but felt as relaxed as if we had been on holiday for two weeks. The owners get the balance just right and succeed in their aim of making you feel right at home. Breakfast was delicious and the evening meal we ate was also. There is so much to do in the local area. Sidney the miniature dachshund is adorable and is so pleased to see you. We hope to go back next year and cannot imagine anywhere more beautiful to stay.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong as all the rooms are fantastic. Rooms with a view of the Estuary have the bes...
2 Thank Clubro1976
Naples, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at Glandyfi Castle this past July. We stayed in Wren with a beautiful view over the garden. There were two other couples with us, as well. All the rooms were unique and well-decorated. The bathrooms were very modern. We enjoyed all the nice little touches, such as fresh flowers in our room and chocolates, as well as being greeted with drinks and "nibbles" (as Americans we found this word endearing) when we arrived (we arrived too late for cakes and tea). The owners, as well as their teenage daughter were just so incredibly welcoming and accommodating. Breakfast was awesome! There were so many choices, with an offering of a full English breakfast, as well as bread/rolls and jam, fruit, etc. Also, who could ask for a better location to dine, with the glass ceiling and stone walls. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and wish we could have stayed for more than just one night. We would love to return one day.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Me and my Boyfriend stayed at the Glandyfi Castle over the weekend lately and that was an awesome experience, We stayed at the largest guest room Ospery, the room is incredibly beautiful everything in there is in a very high quality. The bathroom of the Opsery is spacious. The owner is very friendly and thoughtful, all the dinners and breakfast are made by her and they are surpassed my expectation, the steak is my favorite!
Me and Boyfriend enjoy it so much, it is really worth the visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessicayueli
Basingstoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My visit to Glandyfi castle was in August 2013 as part of a business trip. The kestrel room was my room for the night. Just the trip up the drive starts this magical experience and then you arrive at the building. Wow! Firstly we were met by Maureen and asked which room we wanted, I was the junior member of our team and said I would take any room, but any of the rooms are worth a visit.
Firstly we went to the drawing room for coffee and a slice of cake, the fire was roaring and I instantly fell in love with this place.
Once taken to my room I was equally blown away, stunning with a stunning bathroom. This property is beautiful and has been restored to the very highest of standards. We also met Peter Maureen's husband, what a lovely couple. I have asked them both if I could live in the beautiful location, but adoption was turned down.
Dinner was in the panelled dinning room, the food was amazing, the service was amazing. The view from all rooms is also truly amazing .
The following morning I had the best breakfast ever even though I was still full from the evening before.
Peter then showed me and my colleagues around the property, including standing on one of the turrets to observe the view. Peter and Maureen are both very proud of this property and I am very proud to have stayed there, well done this property is amazing.
This is one place I will be revisiting with my wife for a special occasion, I will be back I promise.

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

In addition to being a charming guest house in a beautiful location, the food we have been served here is the best we have had since arriving in England 3 weeks ago! We are on vacation from the states and cannot say enough nice things about the facility, the proprietors and the food!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Birmingham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Myself, family and friends stayed here on the weekend and fell in love with the place. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and at home in this wonderful castle in an amazing location.

The owners couldn't be more helpful and the kids loved the place. Food at both dinner and breakfast was perfectly cook and I can't recommend the lamb dinner more ! Sid the dog was very forgiving of the kids and my son was quite tearful having to leave.

Suitable for a family or a couple, its at the higher end of the budget but trust me its worth it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the tower rooms are just a bit more unusual.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Machynlleth
Plas Dolguog Hotel
#2 of 4 in Aberdovey
Brigands Inn
Brigands Inn
#2 of 13 in Machynlleth

Been to Glandyfi Castle? Share your experiences!